New Highs.....

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:44 PM

The market takes into account all the known info on the virus......and enough of it should be the conclusion that more infections are a good thing with death rates that are minimal age 50 and below. Its thinking herd immunity......

#22 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,562 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:06 PM

Did the market just close, volume is so light its barely moving lol!!  Yup healthy bull market lol!  5 stocks don't make a market,,,,,,,great reason to go long mind you though lol!!  Funny how people think the Dow is a bad representation for the overall market yet 5 stocks pushing the entire market is ok!!

#23 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,961 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

Look at that bullishness, its easy being a bull of course yes.gif  which I love to see lol!!  I prefer being neither mind you and just and trade the market!

so u long?

As I've said, I'm never long or short I sell option premiums on both sides so I'm neutral unless things get to extremes.  I was long the past two days and now on shorts, always depending on when my profit stops get hit.  Tell me why you think Trump is going to win by a landslide, its not looking that way right now?

it wasnt looking that way in 2016 either eh

#24 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

if market is strong why is the rut 2000 RUJ dying ?

#25 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:24 PM

The market takes into account all the known info on the virus......and enough of it should be the conclusion that more infections are a good thing with death rates that are minimal age 50 and below. Its thinking herd immunity......

If you search my posts from past, you will discover I was posting exactly the same thoughts, long before it appeared anywhere in news. My spending first 20 years growing up in virus infested India, I have seen many viruses come and go. I was attacked by a much more vicious and lethal virus called small pox at age 8. Still  have anvil marks on my face after 72 years. I was hanging on to life by a thread according to my mom.

Edited by pdx5, 01 July 2020 - 02:33 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#26 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

Did the market just close, volume is so light its barely moving lol!!  Yup healthy bull market lol!  5 stocks don't make a market,,,,,,,great reason to go long mind you though lol!!  Funny how people think the Dow is a bad representation for the overall market yet 5 stocks pushing the entire market is ok!!

If only 5 stocks are holding up the market, why SP500 has advanced so much from March lows?

5 stocks holding up 495 stocks? Sounds incomprehensible to me. 

Do you have any data to post regarding advance/decline for SP500 to prove your meme?

Or you just enjoy making outlandish and unsubstantiated statements?

Edited by pdx5, 01 July 2020 - 02:30 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#27 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,562 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

Look at that bullishness, its easy being a bull of course yes.gif  which I love to see lol!!  I prefer being neither mind you and just and trade the market!

so u long?

As I've said, I'm never long or short I sell option premiums on both sides so I'm neutral unless things get to extremes.  I was long the past two days and now on shorts, always depending on when my profit stops get hit.  Tell me why you think Trump is going to win by a landslide, its not looking that way right now?

it wasnt looking that way in 2016 either eh

It makes no difference to me either way for long or short but there are good longs and bad ones, same as good shorts and bad shorts.  I'd say were more in the bad long, good short area.  For example on an up day I've been shorting all day for a total of 15 points.  The markets not healthy and would do better to have a staircase type increase!

#28 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,562 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:31 PM

If only 5 stocks are holding up the market, why SP500 is doing better than DJI30?

Do you have any data to post regarding advance/decline for SP500 to prove your meme?

I actually don't know how to post stuff on here lol, but I love David Larews charts which show this.  One of them also shows that only 42% of the SP500 is above its 200 day moving average.....

#29 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:41 PM

I actually don't know how to post stuff on here lol, but I love David Larews charts which show this.  One of them also shows that only 42% of the SP500 is above its 200 day moving average.....

42% Is believable. Which is 210 stocks. That is a lot bigger than 5 stocks.

#30 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,773 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

Well if you were talking about NDX...did not take long at all! laugh.png

NDX NEW ALL TIME HIGH

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy