New Highs.....

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

Trannies with wild and crazy action...but thus far bull still holding the line on 1 min

djt.png

And on the 60 min, pretty apparent how important this battle may turn out to be...

djt.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#52 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

I don't understand, with so many lockdowns in so many places, covid-19 infections soaring again,
why are job numbers increasing by 2.5 million, 3 million....who is hiring??

Is there still a State that is under lockdown?

#53 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:51 PM

Really disappointing that the 6-18 consolidation high proved yet another top, just like the last 3-4 this month.

The 3155 could be the start of another 100 points down. Not a single institution is willing to buy above that point.

https://invst.ly/rbrwq

#54 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:03 PM

NQ is well above the FOMC highs while ES prints another weekly top in the market at 3155.

ES is trading as bad as RUT for the last year now, compared to NQ.

Edited by CLK, 02 July 2020 - 05:09 PM.

#55 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

Anyone have any idea what it will take to get above these resistance highs at 3155, and when?

A month correction looking like not much higher into the next FOMC end of the month is not looking good 

until Sept.

#56 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:07 PM

Did the market just close, volume is so light its barely moving lol!!  Yup healthy bull market lol!  5 stocks don't make a market,,,,,,,great reason to go long mind you though lol!!  Funny how people think the Dow is a bad representation for the overall market yet 5 stocks pushing the entire market is ok!!

If only 5 stocks are holding up the market, why SP500 is doing better than DJI30?

Do you have any data to post regarding advance/decline for SP500 to prove your meme?

I actually don't know how to post stuff on here lol, but I love David Larews charts which show this.  One of them also shows that only 42% of the SP500 is above its 200 day moving average.....

This link will take you to the 4 S&P indexes and shows the number of stocks above the 5 day, 20, 50,100, 150, and 200 all day long for free, no acct log on needed.  Also shows New Highs and Lows for various time frames on the same page just under stocks abv/blw.  I like Larews charts as well.  All the other major indexes are available for view as well at barcharts for the same stats.  Very nice concise summary.

https://www.barchart...ndices/sp/sp500

#57 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:09 PM

Anyone have any idea what it will take to get above these resistance highs at 3155, and when?

A month correction looking like not much higher into the next FOMC end of the month is not looking good 
until Sept.

This looks a bit like early February. Might it rhyme? Might it not?

Edited by risktaker, 02 July 2020 - 09:10 PM.

#58 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:18 PM

until Sept.

LOL, the most common way will be to create the over the weekend Island gap on news, and the market anticipates it will be a Nasdaq member giving the alibi. NAV used to call it jumping the creek, LOL. There should be more people talking about the weekly 10e on the SPX/SPY.  13 consecutive weeks in a row of closes on it or abv.  Basically 3 consecutive weeks including this week showing successful tests.  Strong bull market price action historically.

#59 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:25 PM

until Sept.

This looks a bit like early February. Might it rhyme? Might it not?
Correct link: http://schrts.co/xapRkDkZ

Edited by risktaker, 02 July 2020 - 09:29 PM.

#60 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

This link will take you to the 4 S&P indexes and shows the number of stocks above the 5 day, 20, 50,100, 150, and 200 all day long for free, no acct log on needed.  Also shows New Highs and Lows for various time frames on the same page just under stocks abv/blw.  I like Larews charts as well.  All the other major indexes are available for view as well at barcharts for the same stats.  Very nice concise summary.

https://www.barchart...ndices/sp/sp500

Thank you Darris, for that link, and there is excellent summary of High's and Low's displayed there.

The 5 day data of 72% of SP500 (361/500) stocks making new highs is astounding.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule