da_cheif

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

My wife works for a Diabetes device company in Novi Michigan and needed me to drop of some devices near Rosedale Michigan where Don has his shoe store, so I dropped by and asked the clerk if Don was in the back room doing stock market updates.  He laughed, and called Don on the phone since he was at his home.  I met Don's Son and Grandson at the store and headed to his house.  We toured his house and looked at his DTN set up and hand updated charts.  We went out side to talk about our vintage sports cars, his Z and my Camaro.   We laughed about Dex seemingly being face planted down in cow dung for the foreseeable future.  He gave me a few tips from the DTN setup and liked that I followed the CLX methods that he and Joe Granville developed.  Exciting day to get to meet him.  Thanks for the time Don!!

JpHUgI.jpg

#2 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:13 PM

Very nice!  thanks for the story!

#3 Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson

• Traders-Talk User
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:53 PM

Very cool! I would love to meet him some day.

#4 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

My wife works for a Diabetes device company in Novi Michigan and needed me to drop of some devices near Rosedale Michigan where Don has his shoe store, so I dropped by and asked the clerk if Don was in the back room doing stock market updates.  He laughed, and called Don on the phone since he was at his home.  I met Don's Son and Grandson at the store and headed to his house.  We toured his house and looked at his DTN set up and hand updated charts.  We went out side to talk about our vintage sports cars, his Z and my Camaro.   We laughed about Dex seemingly being face planted down in cow dung for the foreseeable future.  He gave me a few tips from the DTN setup and liked that I followed the CLX methods that he and Joe Granville developed.  Exciting day to get to meet him.  Thanks for the time Don!!

JpHUgI.jpg

I live rent free in the chef's head.

Right now I'm in northern AZ and will be moving to Co to try to climb a mountain; if you want to meet me.

Mt. Yale - 14,100ft ... see you two on the top?

Edited by Dex, 01 July 2020 - 07:06 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

JpHUgI.jpg

Right now I'm in northern AZ and will be moving to Co to try to climb a mountain; if you want to meet me.

dex is....
the pot calling the kettle black

#6 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:07 PM

JpHUgI.jpg

dex is....
the pot calling the kettle black

Let me say this ... that you can keep a shoe store alive in the modern world is amazing.   

What is next a shoe repair store?

And yes, I do remember them from my childhood.  

You could choose from a full sole and half sole replacement. 

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:16 PM

which one of the 2 dudes is Don?

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:44 PM

The one with the cape.

#9 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:49 PM

The one on the right? You guys look young!

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:00 AM

The one on the right? You guys look young!ya

i wish......80