Risk Windows the Week of July 6th

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

According to my risk summation system the days next week with the highest risk of a turn in or acceleration of the current trend are Thursday the 9th and Friday the 10th of July.  Monday July 13th of the following week also appears to be  a risk window so something interesting appears to be in store at the end of next week. 

This week the risk summation system appears to have made two direct hits Monday and Thursday.  So far the long risk cycles that I noted last week have failed to turn the DJIA down in any substantial way.  Maybe the cluster starting at the end of this coming week will finally clarify if these long cycle can still pack a punch.

The UK has decided to observe the US independence day 4th celebration by opening pubs this Saturday for the first time since March. It's all part of a government test to see if alcohol consumed in mass quantities can kill corona.  Thousand upon thousands have bravely volunteered for this trial.  Saturday afternoon while you yanks are cleaning up your barbeque mess, please just take a minute to remember all the hungover brits who are staggering home after having given their all at their local watering hole for science.

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 03 July 2020 - 12:13 PM.

#2 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:08 PM

I expect a major rally by mid/end of the week.

So maybe now it sells off.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

Waver, if the long cycle lows that I keep droning on about don't materialize very soon and drag the market down, a rip roaring rally could very well juice all the beleaguered shorts waiting for the down wave in one massive squeeze. 

Regards,

Douglas 

#4 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:57 PM

Indeed

#5 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:58 AM

My risk summation system has not identified today, the 6th of July, as one of the highest risk days of this week for a turn, but I do track a cycle that is a small part of my summation system that has been remarkably accurate recently that does identify today and tomorrow as a window for a potential short term top.  This cycle also points to Thursday and Friday of this week as does the summation system, so they line up there, just not today.  It will be interesting to see whether the system or this hot cycle is correct today.

Regards,

Douglas