I'll be out of longs as soon as

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:32 AM

the market opens. Good enough for this swing. Grabbed some SDS @.37 premarketm 18 even the stop. (JMHO)

#2 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

also will be watching the VIX intently for possible opportunity. (JMHO)

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:05 AM

Very good chance you will get steamrolled here...picking up nickels in front of one not usually a good idea....

You have to know where you are in the pattern, and this is highly likely a liftoff day...Good Luck

Edited by K Wave, 06 July 2020 - 08:06 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:11 AM

Very good chance you will get steamrolled here...picking up nickels in front of one not usually a good idea....

You have to know where you are in the pattern, and this is highly likely a liftoff day...Good Luck

You might be right, I could be very that's why I'm watching the $vix so closely.  We are heavily overbought on hourly and 4 hour, doesn't look like a good lift off day. (JMHO)

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

Hourly an 4 hour YM look a lot like a liftoff day, although could be an intraday pullback after the open...or...it could just Keep on Truckin'.

12 hour YM also looks like very beginning of big move up.

Only a move back under YM 25600 could negate a launch that looks like it is gearing up for a run at the all time highs....

Once 27300 area is cleared, new highs are pretty much a lock...

Will not be surprised at all to see above 3200 SPX real soon, perhaps today.

And perhaps you could be right, but I learned long ago not to bet against multiple longer term swing time frames all flashing buy in unison at critical point on the chart....

I would much rather wait for a confirmed failure, than stand in front of what very well may be dead ahead....which is full unrelenting Saturn V launch mode...

And yes, IF the launch fails here today, then that could be extremely bearish. But looking at the hourly setup especially, I do not think it will.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:31 AM

Trend is your friend!

Why fight big Mo?

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:38 AM

Nuts. Start hoarding cash.

Edited by linrom1, 06 July 2020 - 08:38 AM.

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

Last resistance on Dow cash at 26200.

Clear that, and it is likely over for the bears...

Edited by K Wave, 06 July 2020 - 08:42 AM.

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:43 AM

1460 RUT is the respective level there

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:44 AM

Nuts. Start hoarding cash.

Good luck with that...5 year treasuries yielding 0.35%

while real inflation for necessities is 5% at least.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule