Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:55 PM

now we know why msm only reports infection rates

https://www.siliconi...632374b45fa.png

#2 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:34 PM

Yes, Charlie starts talking about minute mark 24, and summarizes a positive tone on this second wave.  Somewhat quoting him, he says, some of his clients he talks too with big money to buy insightful medical information are telling him wave 2 looks less lethal.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:05 PM

I guess governors who sent the covid infected to nursing homes might not have had such a good idea...

Unless you were looking to save your bankrupt state money by culling out the state dependent old folks quickly...

As the federally built, temporary facilities "were not needed"...

AP count: Over 4,500 virus patients sent to NY nursing homes ...

43% of US Coronavirus Deaths Are Linked to Nursing Homes

https://www.health.n...ng_home_acf.pdf

Edited by Rogerdodger, 07 July 2020 - 05:19 PM.

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,770 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:07 PM

Yes, Charlie starts talking about minute mark 24, and summarizes a positive tone on this second wave.  Somewhat quoting him, he says, some of his clients he talks too with big money to buy insightful medical information are telling him wave 2 looks less lethal.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

In Texas in particular, they changed the rules for recording a "case" in late May.

If you get worried because you have a headache or sniffle, PCR test no longer required. Just mark it down as probable Covid and record a positive case.

A revealing read.....

https://nextdoor.com...ases-149216342/

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:48 PM

You might have to be a member of that community to read the post.

#6 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

What about the trend of coronavirus hospitalizations (red line)?

685990-A8-230-D-4-CB1-9-D1-C-C37-DFAA530

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,770 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

You might have to be a member of that community to read the post.

I am...but am not logged in and can see it just fine.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,770 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

What about the trend of coronavirus hospitalizations (red line)?

685990-A8-230-D-4-CB1-9-D1-C-C37-DFAA530

A guy that owns a bunch of ER centers in TX says that his hospital sources are telling him that a lot of the hospitalizations are exactly as stated above: "WITH COVID" and not "BECAUSE OF COVID".

He says that a lot of people who needed medical attention delayed their entrance into the hospital so long that they are coming in in pretty bad shape, and that some of of those people are getting tested upon entrance with asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic Covid as well. A lot of these folks are in the ICU not because of Covid, but with it, while there for something more serious. Of course, if they die, they are recorded as a Covid death. (And hospital gets the extra dough for Covid)

As far as what he is seeing in his ER centers, he said about 1/2 is mostly people in their 30s getting tested for work, and the other half just curious to see if they have it. The cases he sees with actual symptoms are very mild.

He says by the time they folllow up after the test a few days later, almost all cases are no longer symptomatic, and virtually no one goes to the hospital that comes through his centers.

In any event, deaths have remained relatively low in TX despite the surge in cases. Today was the first reporting day that showed over 1/4 of a death per county in TX, and that was likely an aberration due to 3 day weekend. Expect it will take a big drop tomorrow.

Texas is 39th of the 50 states in deaths per Million, despite being #3 in cases.

It's CFR of 1.3% is among the lowest in the country, and by far the lowest among the top 10 in cases. For reference, NY has CFR of 7.6% and NJ 8.6% (and both were a ton higher during the "surge" phase back in April)

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:09 PM

I doubt if 'risktaker' will respond to 'kwave's post above.

But I will keep checking.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:16 AM

I was doing other stuff and not on this forum. Sorry to have you waiting...

I heard Florida is getting really filled. A teenager said her family got the coronavirus from church. Her dad got so sick that he was admitted to the hospital, but he had to leave early because they need room for others.

https://www.cbsnews....onavirus-cases/

Nearly 84% of Florida's ICU beds are filled amid rising coronavirus cases

As the number of coronavirus cases continue to rise in Florida, the state is facing a shortage of available ICU beds. On Tuesday, when there were more than 7,300 new cases of the coronavirus reported, officials also reported that out of the state's 5,023 ICU beds in the state, just 962 are still available.

Edited by risktaker, 08 July 2020 - 01:16 AM.