• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:17 AM

To me the place to live there is North Part of the North Island... a place called Bay of Islands... that's where the warm water runs in for the pellagics.

If somebody is into skiing... the South Island features the "Southern Alps"   Overall unmatched beauty on both islands.  If you schedule a trip down there for a couple of weeks, you won't want to go home.  Warmest time with the least amount of rain and moisture is around January...and it does rain a lot.

I looked seriously into NZ during 2016 election. It would have been easy if I was under 65 because they need you to bring $1.5 million US to invest in NZ. That was no problem, but in my age bracket they need $10 million. That was out of reach for me.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#52 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

It's a liberal country with a female nut running it. Things look good for now, but, there is no telling if the country is going full Sweden.

#53 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:03 PM

European-Revolution.jpghttps://www.armstron...o-civil-unrest/

Edited by Russ, 11 July 2020 - 12:05 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#54 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

UNLEASHED a Sovereign Debt Crisis??

A debt crisis was coming corona or no corona. Anyone who cant see that should not be listened to

#55 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:26 PM

What I don't understand here is timing.

He's long  or short the market for the coming months?

Both. But dont ask him until after the fact

#56 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

What I don't understand here is timing.

He's long  or short the market for the coming months?

Both. But dont ask him until after the fact

How do you know that?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#57 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:20 AM

I think that part of the confusion with Armstrong is that his model is supposed to predict Economic Confidence in the economy and not the stock market. I can envision environment where Dow is at 60k while economy teeters on bring of depression.

The other thing about his models is that there are instances where his cycles invert. He could be correct about stock market top in 2032 followed by an implosion, while the economy actually bottoms then unlike what his ECM is predicting---the peak was in Jan/2020 in my opinion.

Further Armstrong's ambivalence about the market is because, he doesn't actually believe it's a great place to be in, but, people are just parking their money there because it's the safest place.

This could explain why commodities are not the place to be in just yet as it looks like they're all going into bankruptcy. Instead of supporting the market, the Fed should be actually providing price support to commodities.

Edited by linrom1, 12 July 2020 - 10:22 AM.

#58 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:07 PM

I think that part of the confusion with Armstrong is that his model is supposed to predict Economic Confidence in the economy and not the stock market...

"The fact that we can forecast any event to the day PROVES that markets are by no means RANDOM..."

https://www.armstron...than-you-think/