AAII

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

I'm neutral, haha. But seriously, if you're not bullish longer term, you're nuts, because over the long term inflation will always nominally reward the bull and punish the bear, even if the actual buying power of the liquidation value of the equities can fall while prices rise.

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:05 PM

I'm neutral, haha. But seriously, if you're not bullish longer term, you're nuts, because over the long term inflation will always nominally reward the bull and punish the bear, even if the actual buying power of the liquidation value of the equities can fall while prices rise.

u erroniously assume that its buying that causes prices to rise 

#13 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

What gave you the idea that I assume that? I admit my paragraph above was somewhat tortuous, but it certainly wasn't meant to insinuate what you indicate that I assume. I was just trying to say stock prices will always go up over the long term, even if what you can buy with the proceeds on liquidation (and deploy say in gold) may (or may not) buy as much as when the prices were lower.

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

What gave you the idea that I assume that? I admit my paragraph above was somewhat tortuous, but it certainly wasn't meant to insinuate what you indicate that I assume. I was just trying to say stock prices will always go up over the long term, even if what you can buy with the proceeds on liquidation (and deploy say in gold) may (or may not) buy as much as when the prices were lower.

u sed u were neutral

#15 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:20 PM

Now I'm not following you. If I were neutral, what's that got to do with assuming it's buying that causes prices to rise?

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

Now I'm not following you. If I were neutral, what's that got to do with assuming it's buying that causes prices to rise?

"even if the actual buying power of the liquidation value of the equities can fall while prices rise."

#17 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

What I am saying is that due to dollar devaluation, the nominal stock prices can have risen while at the same time you can't buy as much with the inflated dollars you got in exchange for them after that rise. 

#18 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:49 AM

I don't think AAII can keep the market from going back to 2800 or 2700, it's not 

looking good here, especially with another FOMC a few weeks away.

https://invst.ly/redi7

Edited by CLK, 10 July 2020 - 12:50 AM.

#19 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:38 AM

I don't think AAII can keep the market from going back to 2800 or 2700, it's not 

looking good here, especially with another FOMC a few weeks away.

https://invst.ly/redi7

thats exacty what u sed in may

#20 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:10 AM

u erroniously assume that its buying that causes prices to rise 

So if not buying, then what causes prices to rise?

thanks,gis

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!