Coronavirus deaths

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:14 PM

Texas, Florida, California and other states are starting to have higher coronavirus mortality

7-C6-CD344-6770-443-F-84-D6-7-D1-FC7-E11

3311-A2-D9-F5-B0-4-D25-B6-F7-DE093-FA231

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:44 PM

Will covid-19 end up saving Social Security & Medicare?

In China women retire at age 50. Which means there must be millions collecting retirement pensions.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:11 PM

you think too good

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:14 PM

Daily deaths often get re-allocated to other deaths. Worth a watch, but I'd give it a week or two.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:27 AM

Daily deaths often get re-allocated to other deaths. Worth a watch, but I'd give it a week or two.

M

Most populous county by far in Texas, Harris County, already starting to look like Sweden drop off in cases.

Will soon spread to rest of Texas.

And by the way, Harris County has a total of 423 deaths attributed to Covid as of yesterday out of population of 4.7 million.

I would be willing to bet that it wont even show as blip in excess mortality when all is said and done.

Other big population center, LA County, starting to report drops as well, but not quite as big as Harris. Once we see 3 weekdays in a row under 65% of peak, surge should be pretty much over.

Edited by K Wave, 10 July 2020 - 09:27 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 humbled

humbled

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

M

Agreed. Don't know if this is a trend yet. I like the charts. Thanks for sharing.

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

By "other deaths" I mean, "other day's deaths". And, of course, some of those "deaths" are WITH Covid or Presumed Covid. How many, I have no idea.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#8 humbled

humbled

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

By "other deaths" I mean, "other day's deaths". And, of course, some of those "deaths" are WITH Covid or Presumed Covid. How many, I have no idea.

M

Got it. I've been reading some interesting stuff lately about treatment approaches (as opposed to vaccines). They are getting their arms around what this thing does to the immune system. There are existing treatments and protocols for that kind of thing. We're certainly not out of the woods yet, but they're filling in the blanks pretty rapidly.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

FWIW, while I was distancing and being very careful because of my parents' advanced age, outside of that I would have been tempted to relax quite a bit, since exposure was inevitable and better to get it while younger and healthier. Now, with lots of better treatments and more seemingly coming, I'm thinking it's OK to put of getting this for as long as possible (i.e for me and folks older than me). Life's funny.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:12 AM

When my cruise began in February, covid-19 was not yet headline news, and I saw not a single mask or social distancing on the crowded cruise ship. First time I saw a couple of masks was when we disembarked in Jacksonville, FL on Feb 29th.

Both me and my wife had this strange dry cough for 10-12 days post-cruise, and we just ignored it because it was not severe. Looking back I am now thinking we had a mild attack of covid-19 from the cruise. Which could explain me doing all sorts of normal activities post-cruise, without getting sick with covid-19. I  did not even owned a mask until June. Possible acquired immunity? 

Edited by pdx5, 11 July 2020 - 08:13 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule