OT..Iconic podcast

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:23 PM

social distancing idea got its start in cemetarys   //////...everyone is 6ft under

#12 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:00 PM

social distancing idea got its start in cemetaries   //////...everyone is 6ft under

At least then you can stand on their graves and for once rightly say you're at the "epicenter" of the outbreak

#13 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:01 PM

I think this phrase by Levy applies well to your approach: Il ne s’intéresse pas à ce que le virus a « dit », mais à ce qu’on lui a fait dire. Pas aux « leçons » qu’il faudrait en tirer.

But, I ask again, explain the missing causal links connecting the statements in your prior post.

#14 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:24 PM

Each year, at least 1.7 million adults in America develop sepsis.

Nearly 270,000 Americans die as a result of sepsis.

1 in 3 patients who die in a hospital have sepsis.

Covid deaths are hitting 85% of population with age above 75 and with at least 2 other serius illness.

Do you understand?

Help me to understand.

You're saying that C-19 has caused almost as  many deaths in the U.S in six months as sepsis does in a year (a leading cause of death). Also, it has surpassed all other major causes of deaths, but it's still behind the number of deaths in a year for cancer and heart-disease.

Ergo -- NO BIGGIE -- because? The odds are high these people would someday get sepsis? They are likely to die in the next ten years anyway of other causes? Their lives have little value because, ya know, just old people? All of the above?

Of course even this *reasoning* requires that we ignore the 20% of deaths for C-19 among those who are under age 65. (80% of the death occurs for those over age 65).

And, also not worth mentioning are the long term health consequences among many who were infected and never needed hospitalization including some who were unaware they were even infected and claim no symptoms, yet X-rays reveal ground-glass opacities in their lungs that indicate damage and possible damage to kidneys, livers, and brains that are not yet revealed. 

Please, do help me to understand your non sequiturs. 

Having spent first 20 years of my life in virus infested India (population density 12 times USA), I have seen viruses come and viruses go. I came down with small pox virus at age 8.. It was a serious infectious disease caused by the variola virus. It was contagious—meaning, it spread from one person to another. People who had smallpox had a fever and a distinctive, progressive skin rash. Most people with smallpox recovered, but about 3 out of every 10 people with the disease died. Comparatively covid-19 is a pussy cat.

Imagine 30% mortality rate! Yet no one panicked. My mom nursed me back to health. She later told me I was hanging on to life by a thread with excruciatingly high fever and puss filled eruptions all over my 8 year old body. There was no shutdown, I was quarantined to my bedroom, and survived. I still have scars on my face after 72 years. Burned 80 candles this year and aiming for 100. The treadmill is a wonderful gadget. Mowed my entire lawn this morning with a push mower (not self-propelled) and it has been hot and humid in Florida in July. It was 80 degrees at 9 am when I mowed. Exercise is the best medicine!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:26 PM

"Imagine 30% mortality rate! Yet no one panicked."

​you old timers here on this forum are unbelievable

did you know that smallpox created 2 of the top 5 worst plagues to ever hit the Human species ?

its been an absolute history changer for Homo Sapiens  

here is just one thing it did :

"There hasn’t been a kill off in human history to match what happened in the Americas—90 to 95 percent of the indigenous population wiped out over a century,”  -  Mockaitis

#16 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:08 AM

I think this phrase by Levy applies well to your approach: Il ne s’intéresse pas à ce que le virus a « dit », mais à ce qu’on lui a fait dire. Pas aux « leçons » qu’il faudrait en tirer.

But, I ask again, explain the missing causal links connecting the statements in your prior post.

I posted a lot of stuff here about the Covid fraud

I don't want to wast my time with other comments

I think you are incapable to read how the things are

My advice for you is to read well at the numbers numbers numbers numbers...