Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:15 AM

https://www.usatoday...who/5424429002/

https://nypost.com/2...9-cases-doctor/

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:39 AM

And yet..... Sweden and NY have nearly identical death curves (although Sweden did far better than the completely mismanaged clusterf*** in NY, despite no lockdown)....hmmmmm

swe.png

ny.png

I'll say it again. New York locked down WAY TOO LATE to have any real effect on the curve.

IF they ever get around to doing what it takes to measure T Cell immunity percentages, Herd Immunity will indeed most likely be the final call. (Not counting on it it, as would destroy the narrative)

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:51 AM

And yet..... Sweden and NY have nearly identical death curves (although Sweden did far better than the completely mismanaged clusterf*** in NY, despite no lockdown)....hmmmmm

swe.png

ny.png

I'll say it again. New York locked down WAY TOO LATE to have any real effect on the curve.

IF they ever get around to doing what it takes to measure T Cell immunity percentages, Herd Immunity will indeed most likely be the final call. (Not counting on it it, as would destroy the narrative)

I think that curve for NY looks better than Sweden, mostly because NY screwed up so badly.

The good news is that every place that got hit really badly looks very similar and good. That's telling us something.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:07 AM

The good news is that every place that got hit really badly looks very similar and good

Writing from Southern AZ.

Sure don't see what you all are seeing.

Based on local news are hospitals are near capacity with COVID patients.

Lot of talk about herd immunity.   But all one has to do is look at the annual flu virus.   If we all had herd immunity why annual flu shots??

Edited by dwnowhere1, 13 July 2020 - 10:08 AM.

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

The good news is that every place that got hit really badly looks very similar and good

Writing from Southern AZ.

Sure don't see what you all are seeing.

Based on local news are hospitals are near capacity with COVID patients.

Lot of talk about herd immunity.   But all one has to do is look at the annual flu virus.   If we all had herd immunity why annual flu shots??

AZ 7 day case MA has gone flat....another week or so, and will be heading down and things should be much better by mid-Aug.

Just how these thing work.....you'll see soon enough.

az.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:51 AM

There is no better indication than stock market rally telling us (for those without TDS) corona virus is dying out.

So again, this covid-19 mortality rate is chicken feed compared to ebola, smallpox, sars, heart disease, diabetes, drug resistant TB, Spanish flu, plague, malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, on and on.

Can't believe the country shutdown for this chicken shxt disease. Sweden did not and their economy stayed healthy. Testing positive for healthy people under age 60 with covid-19 is no worse than mild flu. Surely a few exceptions will occur and a handful young people could suffer serious health problems with covid-19. But that is true even for young kids who die suddenly from some form of infection. Just check mortality rates for kids younger than age 5 who die from many other illnesses. But if a 30 year old dies from covid-19...OMG that is such a catastrophe. More under 30 people die from drug overdose than will ever succumb to covid-19. 

Dr Fauci and gang should be prosecuted for conspiracy to spread fear. We prosecute people shouting fire in crowded places.

Edited by pdx5, 13 July 2020 - 10:59 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

so you are saying that Dr Fauci  who is one of the most respected researchers in medical history should face criminal charges because he intentionally caused a mass panic for no legitimate reason  ? 

I will use your own quote:

"Stupid are cocksure and intelligent are full of doubt." - pdx5

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

AZ just in with lowest case count in a month.....

#9 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:33 PM

Just don't see it.

Based on my nephew who is with the Fire Dept and responding the statistic are skewed and are not representative of what's

going on.

All one has to do is go back over the posts on this board from March and all the predictions as to when this will end.

Everyone seems to want the virus to conform to their agenda.

Those working from at home, or in an office -- e.g. White House -- seem to have a sense of entitlement,

and expect others to bear the risk.    We have a number of people that don't want to conform -- wear a mask  -

yet they expect the medical and other workers to come to their aid if/ when they may catch COVID.

Schools are a good example.  Yes, getting the kids back in school so they can learn and the parents can

go back to work may get the economy going again so the President can tell everyone what a great guy he is

and that everything is perfect.   But if one of his kids got this I'm sure his tune would change.

The virus is going to do what the virus is going to do.

If / when we get a vaccine, then IMHO the odds may change.

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:57 PM

Ummm...we have no vaccine for the common cold, which causes many days sick leave days every year,

not  to mention the horrible discomfort of symptoms.

As I said in above post,  this covid-19 mortality rate is chicken feed compared to ebola, smallpox, sars, heart disease, diabetes, drug resistant TB, Spanish flu, plague, malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, on and on.

Yet we never shutdown economy for those killer diseases. Let covid-19 do its thing, acquire herd immunity and carry on with life instead of hiding in your house basement.

Edited by pdx5, 13 July 2020 - 02:06 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule