check it out

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

As I said in above post,  this covid-19 mortality rate is chicken feed compared to ebola, smallpox, sars, heart disease, diabetes, drug resistant TB, Spanish flu, plague, malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, on and on.

We're only into this 6 months and the world working overtime to stop it. 

If this virus continues, with no solution, we may surpass all the others especially if people

want to do their own thing and don't see a responsibility  toward others.

I'm all for independence -- this country was built on it -- but we have limits.

Would you drive down a residential street at 100 MPH knowing kids may be playing outside?

No difference.

Edited by dwnowhere1, 13 July 2020 - 02:43 PM.

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

Fauci is not from the top of his class. He's also a political animal. That's a bad combination, IMO.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

As I said in above post,  this covid-19 mortality rate is chicken feed compared to ebola, smallpox, sars, heart disease, diabetes, drug resistant TB, Spanish flu, plague, malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, on and on.

We're only into this 6 months and the world working overtime to stop it. 

If this virus continues, with no solution, we may surpass all the others especially if people

want to do their own thing and don't see a responsibility  toward others.

I'm all for independence -- this country was built on it -- but we have limits.

Would you drive down a residential street at 100 MPH knowing kids may be playing outside?

No difference.

I can agree a few more weeks are needed to reach final conclusion, but the trend is pretty obvious to me.

The 100 mph analogy is not appropo. Because dong anything reckless is not in my DNA. Although I avoid the mask (because I am cock-sure I have no infection), I wash my hands with soap so often it is a wonder my skin of fingers and palms has not dissolved away. With that simple procedure, this 80 year is enjoying normal life and staying healthy as a horse. Actually by washing hands, I have avoided the common cold also this year, and may be the flu (although I did have the 50% useless flu shot last November because it was free).

Edited by pdx5, 13 July 2020 - 03:31 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

pdx5:

Not much younger than you.  I wear a mask when out, try to stay 6 feet from others, and wash my hands when I get home, did not have a flu shot last year, and so far so good on my end.  So what does that tell us -- we're lucky?

The 100 mph analogy is not appropo.

We disagree on this one.  It comes down to respect for others.   If others are wearing a mask they are protecting US, not themselves.  If we don't wear one we have a chance -- if we're an asymptomatic carrier (Typhoid Mary great example who put her own interests first) of infecting others.  Got grandkids, do them a favor, wear a mask.  If they get sick with COVID, and you feel responsible, all the wishing / crying, etc. may not change the outcome.  No FEAR,

just Common Sense!

Edited by dwnowhere1, 13 July 2020 - 05:35 PM.

#15 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:39 PM

All I am hearing today is shutdowns in a number of states, supposedly what cratered the market.

Even if the death rate is low, you can't stop the governors from ruining the economy.

#16 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

All these graphs being posted about lower death counts are about worthless right now.

The virus is attacking 20-30 years olds more now, 2nd time now hearing about a 30 year old dying.

The shutdowns are happening, so much for herd immunity

Edited by CLK, 13 July 2020 - 07:22 PM.

#17 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Even if the death rate is low, you can't stop the governors from ruining the economy.

Don't know if I should delve into politics here as don't want to start a fight.

IMHO the governors are only minor players.  

It's the Presidents attempt to control something he can't control and attempt to spin things to his benefit.

As I see it he wants the authority, but not the responsibility, in case things don't work out -- hence pushing things onto the governors.

His action reminds me of the lyrics from the "Governors Song"  -- now you see me now you don't -- from the play/movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

I

Most interestingly, I happened to stumble on a PBS series late one night this week called the "The Dictators Playbook".  

A multi-part series.  The one I saw was about Saddam Hussein.

Tremendous amount of parallels in the actions taken by President Trump and those of Saddam Hussein.

For example:  attempt to placate the populous, blame others for his errors, discredit those who disagree with him, put down dissent, and make his voice the one people should believe rather than any other truth, with the ultimate purpose to remain in power.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

Edited by dwnowhere1, 13 July 2020 - 09:51 PM.

#18 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:38 PM

Here's a link to the song for those interested.

#19 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:17 PM

"Stupid are cocksure and intelligent are full of doubt." 

That quote is very apt. Dr. Fauci has more brains in a hangnail on his pinky than the combined IQs of many who defame him.

Not only did he graduate first in his class at Cornell Medical School, but he has devoted his life to working tirelessly and brilliantly for public health. Here are but a few of his achievements:

"Dr. Fauci has made many contributions to basic and clinical research on the pathogenesis and treatment of immune-mediated diseases. He has pioneered the field of human immunoregulation by making a number of basic scientific observations that serve as the basis for current understanding of the regulation of the human immune response.

"In addition, Dr. Fauci is widely recognized for delineating the precise mechanisms whereby immunosuppressive agents modulate the human immune response. He has developed effective therapies for formerly fatal diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, Wegener's granulomatosis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis.

"A 1985 Stanford University Arthritis Center Survey of the American Rheumatism Association membership ranked the work of Dr. Fauci on the treatment of polyarteritis nodosa and Wegener's granulomatosis as one of the most important advances in patient management in rheumatology over the previous 20 years.

"Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how the AIDS virus destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. He also has delineated the mechanisms of induction of HIV expression by endogenous cytokines. Furthermore, he has been instrumental in developing strategies for the therapy and immune reconstitution of patients with this serious disease, as well as for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection. He continues to devote much of his research time to identifying the nature of the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to the AIDS retrovirus.

"In 2003, an Institute for Scientific Information study indicated that in the twenty year period from 1983 to 2002, Dr. Fauci was the 13th most-cited scientist among the 2.5 to 3 million authors in all disciplines throughout the world who published articles in scientific journals during that time frame. Dr. Fauci was the ninth most-cited scientist in the field of immunology in the period from January 1993 to June 30, 2003."

And, there's much more. This man has guided the U.S through the AIDS, Zika, and Ebola epidemics, spending much of his working life in the public health sector. He won the Presidential National Medical of Science and numerous other medals and awards for his quite remarkable achievements.

He was recognized for saving the lives of millions of people across the world, and he never got rich for any of it which is, sadly, the standard used by many here to measure a man's worth. 

#20 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:56 AM

interesting where some get their ideas contrary to whole country's liberal and conservative media,-amazing-independent way out ideas