Markets going down into mid August

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

Several charts including Silver are pointing at a early to mid august market index low, it's easy to be bearish, anyone can do it. wink.png

This indicator also predicted the crash last December although the low came earlier than projected , it also predicted the Gold low on Nov. 12, 2019 to the day last summer which Gannman and few others on the gold board saw me do and a few dozen other hits over the past 2 decades including the housing index low in spring of 2009 (which I posted on this board in 2007) and it predicted the Gold low in 1999, that signal was on the chart in 1993.

No I am not perfect, this can be quite hard at times and sometimes you cannot find a signal, but this signal looks strong for an august low. Tradestation (which I am working on restoring) runs the full version of this oscillator and has much better drawing tools than Tradingview . 

VXN should peak mid August... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:36 PM

wrong....watch the sky

#3 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:53 PM

wrong....watch the sky

Sure looks like a bear flag on NASDAQ, it's been almost straight up, the trees don't grow to the sky. The first chart clearly shows VXN's bullish wedge is breaking out. We'll see.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

wrong....watch the sky

Sure looks like a bear flag on NASDAQ, it's been almost straight up, the trees don't grow to the sky. The first chart clearly shows VXN's bullish wedge is breaking out. We'll see.

Sharp corrections, like today in NAZ is bullish more than bearish IMHO. It is just profit taking by weak bulls.

Once the weak bulls finish selling, slow but steady ascent can resume.

Q2 earnings will be awful but should be already priced in.

This market is likely to be volatile until Nov 3rd.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:38 PM

the dow has been up 11 straight days......and todays mild correction is typical of the kind of volatility we have witnessed during the week of opex

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

wrong....watch the sky

trees do grow to the sky.......   https://www.tradingv...com/x/P5U8WK15/

#7 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

Russ I mentioned late August for a low in late June. I'm open to Sept. For the low. Today was a crack in the wall. It will scare day traders.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#8 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:56 PM

Do not gloss over the fact that tax day is Wednesday this week, and folks may be ready to raise cash for payments.  It has happened before in April.

#9 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

the dow has been up 11 straight days......and todays mild correction is typical of the kind of volatility we have witnessed during the week of opex

The DOW has been up 11 straight days?

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,761 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:04 PM

Do not gloss over the fact that tax day is Wednesday this week, and folks may be ready to raise cash for payments.  It has happened before in April.

And it is a double Qtr whammy for many as 1st qtr tax estimates were delayed until 7/15. So both 1st & 2nd qtr due Wed for those did not already pay 1st qtr.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy