• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:32 AM

In 57 years of trading stocks, only thing I have learned for sure is...

stocks become way overvalued near end of bull markets, and undervalued at end of bear markets.

697 OH NO! Who said that? LOL

But I have seen no one able to predict the exact top or bottom repeatedly.

Which then boils down to following the trend usually is best.

That is not easy either because as 12SPX said above, markets do not go up or down in a straight line.

All this means is it is a risky business no matter what any guru tells you.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#22 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

57 years for me too -1963-agree completely

#23 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,542 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:07 AM

Nice, lots of experience here, I'm just about 40 years.  Been only selling options for about 25 now on the SP500!!  Daytrading for fun around 20 now, so much easier now.  Was stock trading before that with pencil and paper for charts lol!  Still like that method but havn't done it forever! 

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,741 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

When SPX closes above 3235 then you will know market is discounting this for the USA....seriously, for all you worry warts, it is only a matter of time, and not a whole lot of it in the overall scheme of things....

No Lockdown Sweden.....Virus problems disappearing faster than a mud puddle after a rain in the Sahara

SWE.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#25 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:40 AM

K-wave

you are also the guy who said repeatedly that I was wrong and that "this whole thing would be over by July "

#26 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

12SPX

I also sell index  option puts and calls. I  like the liquidity and tight spreads.

In the 1960's I  developed computer systems for a couple major stock brokerages, developed a stock system for IBM, who leased the package to brokerages. Also, developed a computer system for the company that first introduced  point and figure charts.  I was with the second largest computer consulting firm in the country.

#27 humbled

humbled

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:24 AM

bunch of bums- I agree with all you say

you are very smart ---- I will follow you

By the way, that was a great answer. Ended the exchange with wry tact.

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,741 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:04 PM

If UPS can hold at the level it is at now or above by the close, it will close at fresh 2020 high.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#29 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

K-wave

you are also the guy who said repeatedly that I was wrong and that "this whole thing would be over by July "

K wave has been more right about covid-19 than Dr Fauci.

Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.

In late January, when I was making the case on behalf of the president to take down the flights from China, Fauci fought against the president’s courageous decision — which might well have saved hundreds of thousands of American lives.

When I warned in late January in a memo of a possibly deadly pandemic, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was telling the news media not to worry.

When I was working feverishly on behalf of the president in February to help engineer the fastest industrial mobilization of the health care sector in our history, Fauci was still telling the public the China virus was low risk.

When we were building new mask capacity in record time, Fauci was flip-flopping on the use of masks.

And when Fauci was telling the White House Coronavirus Task Force that there was only anecdotal evidence in support of hydroxychloroquine to fight the virus, I confronted him with scientific studies providing evidence of safety and efficacy. A recent Detroit hospital study showed a 50% reduction in the mortality rate when the medicine is used in early treatment. -Peter Navarro

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#30 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:44 PM

If UPS can hold at the level it is at now or above by the close, it will close at fresh 2020 high.....

RUT is killing it today...

1,478.34+50.08 (+3.51%)

As of 3:27PM EDT. Market open.

SPX putting on a credible performance as well near close   S&P 500 (^GSPC)
SNP - SNP Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
3,229.31+31.79 (+0.99%)
As of 3:46PM EDT. Market open.

Edited by pdx5, 15 July 2020 - 02:47 PM.