The Bull Market Stalls At Overhead Resistance

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#31 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:41 AM

There is a good reason for the market to keep going higher and higher with more and more talks of "over-valued", "big down coming", "insiders are selling" from the Wall street analysts and strategists......................

#32 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

Average short now 3223!! 

#33 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:44 AM

I'd consider going long on for tomorrow on a nice dip lower, this coming expiration cycle so far is looking flat to down, will know more by Friday! 

#34 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:45 AM

Why the sudden big change d, you talking longer term?  Fed's pomo tomorrow is over 6 billion so should be up for sure! 

#35 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:57 PM

CHANGING MY IT OUTLOOK TO LONG

BOUGHT 2 NQ 10,724 TO HOLD 

WILL BUY MORE XLF ON ANY DIP

WILL CLOSE AS MANY PUTS AS POSSIBLE ON DIPS 

WILL CONTINUE TO TRADE BIG SIZE NQ DAYTRADES

WILL CHANGE LONG BIAS IF MARKETS TELL ME TO DO SO

closed 2 NQ hedge long +249 points

it does help, tremendously, everyday when I hedge PUTS

will reopen lower

#36 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

There is a good reason for the market to keep going higher and higher with more and more talks of "over-valued", "big down coming", "insiders are selling" from the Wall street analysts and strategists......................

also, there is finally solid evidence of great progress to develop THE VACCINE

note this morning some vaccine stocks actually fell when the OXFORD news came out, then people realized (I realized much sooner! hence my change) this was a good thing, the more the better, and higher probability of success sooner than most expected

there will be sharp pullbacks, and even a crash if this does not play out as is expected. But, this may be the worst as far as the virus goes and other factors may hold back the market from new ATHs ... but not the virus

#37 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:02 PM

Why the sudden big change d, you talking longer term?  Fed's pomo tomorrow is over 6 billion so should be up for sure! 

also, there is finally solid evidence of great progress to develop THE VACCINE

note this morning some vaccine stocks actually fell when the OXFORD news came out, then people realized (I realized much sooner! hence my change) this was a good thing, the more the better, and higher probability of success sooner than most expected

there will be sharp pullbacks, and even a crash if this does not play out as is expected. But, this may be the worst as far as the virus goes and other factors may hold back the market from new ATHs ... but not the virus

it may still get worse before it improves but the market looks ahead and as far as the virus goes  the market sees better times ahead
I am ready to go where the market goes and now it wants to go up.... 

#38 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:06 PM

Market is still extended but has been so for months, and as I experienced in the dot com bubble, there are minor pullbacks that releases some of that over-extended state, and back up again
FED will pour more trillions, another stimulus bill shells out more trillions... 

Unless there is a major political event - in US or elsewhere - the market will go up, with pullbacks and retracements, even as much as 55, but the worst is over for the virus as far as the market is concerned

#39 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:08 PM

can tech stocks keep leading?

#40 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:11 PM

No market is ever easy but if ever there was an easy and almost "money-machine" characteristic of any market, it has been NQ

I put double stop loss orders  on my LONG trades with 9 and 10 lots scalps because any sudden plunge can result in losses of more than 3K or more

Today, I have  two stop loss orders at 50 and 100 points below my initial buy level in each trade and gradually raise them as market climbs or lower as market declines

so far, it is almost always adjusting higher. 

no guarantee the stops can be filled at or near the price but it does offer some protection and allows me to feel safer in trading big size NQ daytrades