Change of Opinion on DOW

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:06 PM

I am getting bearish on YM. Previously I had expected another leg up to 29k+, but, I think the wave count is finished. I am actually shocked how naive the market is considering that there is political tsunami coming in November. Wall Street is now made of gamblers who think that they're smarter than everyone else and will get out in time....yet again?

Martin Armstrong was usually spot on because of his understanding of capital market flows and its impact on currencies. He has long championed the view that US is the strongest and dollar will be the proverbial "last man standing." But no more! His view took a 180 degree change, he now believes that US will benefit from capital inflows for a very short period of time(maybe two or so years.) like everyone else in turn.

Edited by linrom1, 12 August 2020 - 12:10 PM.

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:18 PM

It looks that the recent strategy of Selling NQ/Buying YM is being reversed today when the death number made a high over 1500 yesterday and thee players realized that the pandemic is far from over ........................

#3 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

I think the bullish view right now is tied to the bullish flag during July. That is the halfway point of the upwave off the March lows. Another half to go. Mainly the Qs based my analysis.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 01:09 PM

y'all gotta be kidding......on another note   Cavuto just refefered to Harris as  African American......parents are from  India and Jamaica.....fake news at it again

as for the market      sp500 cash up the equivalent of 500 dow points and the dow being held back up 250.......dont let the manipulated 30  fool you.........being bearish is easy....anybody can do  it...... 675 ono

Edited by da_cheif, 12 August 2020 - 01:12 PM.

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:27 PM

It looks that the recent strategy of Selling NQ/Buying YM is being reversed today when the death number made a high over 1500 yesterday and thee players realized that the pandemic is far from over ........................

Deaths can be a month or more behind.

The drivers of that death are already way down in most places.

Here are are couple of examples.

AZ Covid like visits

covid.png

AZ in hospital

azh.png

Houston hospital new admits

txnew.png

Houston in hospital

txh.png

Miami Doc visits

mia.png

tons more areas just like the above....worst way in the rear view despite the lagging deaths numbers now being reported.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:40 PM

EPI curves, which give a much smoother view of a viral cure than cases reported by day, all starting to looks a lot like Sweden

Here are a few that are reported.

AZ

az.png

GA

ga.png

Houston

hou.png

San Antonio

san.png

LA  County

la.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:51 PM

Infinite Monopoly money chasing this market.

#8 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

Just in case anybody is wondering about what redfoliage2 is talking about, here are the charts:

dWuw2j.jpg

dWuZTN.jpg

#9 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:46 PM

watch the sky, that is a technical term

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#10 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:23 PM

watch the sky, that is a technical term

Watch out - The market is on something  ......................