NYC is dangerous, scary, and destroyed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:18 AM

I am an older senior citizen, never carried nor used a gun nor spray.

Last night, I could not sleep. 3 AM, middle of night  I got up and went out. I live in a  very heavy populated area, of the city, large residential high floors building,  nearly middle of city.

I went to a supermarket 4 blocks away, bought a couple things. 

On way back stopped, at a sandwich shop that also, stays open all night.

I  got a toasted bagel, and coffee.

68 degrees comfortable 

Then stopped at very small vest park area,across from my building, had the bagel and coffee.

Saw others on sidewalk, no one I knew. In the day usually see someone I know, like a small town. 

I usually do this a couple times a year, Sar night or week days.

I was shaking in my boots, at least I was not killed. It must have been a dream, but I looked on table where I found the supermarket receipt.

I hope I am not tired  when I play tennis in Central Park today. It would effect my game.

NFL football watching later today.

#2 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:47 AM

I grew up in the Bronx and didn't know it was dangerous until I found out how others lived.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#3 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:19 AM

Dex, right a few more good trades and I will be able to  hire 2 full time guards, and a nice young sexy blonde girl, who will be the scout, looking out for trouble.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:25 AM

You don't know even danger until you get "a nice young sexy blonde girl"

#5 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:59 AM

LOL Rodger you are right

#6 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:17 PM

10,000 restaurants  add outdoor areas after city loosened regualtions for outdoors al fresco.

78 degrees  and sunny today, feels great

all  busy, and have seperators, throw a way menus and many other virus protectioons

Mayor just announced  they will be able to stay open in winter, if they meet requriements for safe heaters etc.You cannot imagine how many strict  regualtions for everything.

Many, many bike riders today private and rentals on all streets, walkers, rummers etc.

Very dangerous.

I hope that  all the  rapists, murderers, and robbers take off today, on this day of rest.

#7 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 04:15 PM

Dex -MY wife and I are meeting friends at City Island., to eat seafood outdoors. It is such a great area  of the Bronx, near water that they made a movie years ago called City Isand. They also used  a scene at Orchard Beach right near there, in the movie Raging Bull-.Dinaro played  Jake LaMotta. Our friends live in the Bronx.

I am sure you know City Island..  

#8 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:37 AM

Dex -MY wife and I are meeting friends at City Island., to eat seafood outdoors. It is such a great area  of the Bronx, near water that they made a movie years ago called City Isand. They also used  a scene at Orchard Beach right near there, in the movie Raging Bull-.Dinaro played  Jake LaMotta. Our friends live in the Bronx.

I am sure you know City Island..  

Been there, ate there. Don't forget "A Bronx tale."
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#9 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:33 PM

live on long island rarely go into the city retired they need to address 

the homeless situation which was bad before this all started i can only imagine 

now. people will not go there if they dont feel safe i heard transit ridership is 

down about 70 % . be safe dont take any risks 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal