Photo

what the hell, out on a limb. the 1850ish low marks the bottom of this correction. the next leg higher begins now

• Please log in to reply
1426 replies to this topic

#231 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:49 PM

@dharma - reading the reports these companies are coming out with

the free cash flow is excellent. wpm paid down i think 240 million in debt

which is half the debt it had outstanding every company would like to do that

the fundamentals are there for a bull run

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#232 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:23 AM

i think that i had posted this 

https://pbs.twimg.co...=png&name=small

a new era for mining companies

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=small

anything is possible. i am still thinking that 1850 now double bottom is the low. 

we shall see

dharma

There goes the support, late November signal in play, looks like 200 day moving average (not on the chart below) is the magnet. Captain's ship is off course. wink.png  Silver looks about to break down out of it's wedge.

Edited by Russ, 23 November 2020 - 10:33 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#233 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:53 AM

yup 200 dma look like a magnet . looking at nem as a proxy for this sector one to follow

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#234 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:32 PM

XAU has broken support, could it go and close the gap from June?  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#235 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:37 PM

Thinking XAU heading to 115 area.  Time put together shopping list...

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 23 November 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#236 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:38 PM

some interesting divergences here. enough?

#237 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:28 PM

well there goes the double bottom. 1833 and 1813 is the death zone for this decline 1793 begins this price cycle.  i see divergences on the hourly charts. . will that be enough to stop the decline. ?    or do we need daily divergences

seems every monday a new pharmaceutical company comes out w//vaccine results which are impressive, and gold gets hit. today was no different . unless the vaccine can also take care of that growing mountain of debt, then it too will prove to be a momentary pause. . 2 different markets physical market remains strong. as there are quite a few contracts still open for december delivery. then there is the paper market1

also options and futures expiration coming up , none of the spec longs are allowed to make money

dharma

oh and the dollar pushing its september lows.    

Edited by dharma, 23 November 2020 - 01:28 PM.

#238 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 02:34 PM

What looks good to you?   I just like the leveraged gold stock etf's, less work than managing your own mutual fund.

#239 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:50 PM

What looks good to you?   I just like the leveraged gold stock etf's, less work than managing your own mutual fund.

russ this is my 3rd bull market in gold  and i have found i can outperform  the indexes handily by doing alot of research on the miners.  it takes time and work. i dont give those out here , though i used to mention a couple.  i  do think silver is set to way outperform . its industial uses have soared in importance. and platinum prices being so low for so long. have created supply sh(ortages.  so i am heavily loaded towards those 2 metals. (that includes all the pgms)   

dharma

i do think frank holmes did a better job w/goau then gdx/gdxj.  it performs better minder hetting a lift here

Edited by dharma, 23 November 2020 - 03:51 PM.

#240 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:18 PM

russ this is my 3rd bull market in gold  and i have found i can outperform  the indexes handily by doing alot of research on the miners.  it takes time and work. i dont give those out here , though i used to mention a couple.  i  do think silver is set to way outperform . its industial uses have soared in importance. and platinum prices being so low for so long. have created supply sh(ortages.  so i am heavily loaded towards those 2 metals. (that includes all the pgms)   

dharma

i do think frank holmes did a better job w/goau then gdx/gdxj.  it performs better minder hetting a lift here

Dharma,   nugt went up about 500% and jnug went up about 600% vs. about 300% for goau off the march low, but the those two are 2X leveraged etf's.  Looking at the Gold chart again, I can make the argument that the low should be on friday but with gold stopping right on the down trendline today, the low may have happened a few days early (normally the signal should be within 1 day +/- so this would be 4 days off, must stay flexible, some divergence has happened today too. https://stockcharts....id=p33978971215

Edited by Russ, 23 November 2020 - 06:19 PM.