Photo

risk reward My soap box words. Will try to stick to trading talk in future.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,419 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 03:54 PM

I started them the week before the November expiration and after I had my numbers for the end of the November expiration they were confirmed holds or not.  3800 remained a trade and the 3900 trade was a hold.

#12 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:17 PM

I started them the week before the November expiration and after I had my numbers for the end of the November expiration they were confirmed holds or not.  3800 remained a trade and the 3900 trade was a hold.

Thanks !

#13 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:06 PM

traderx

My problem has been to able to stick with it, emotions get me,sleeping and night, I fold too soon the last 60 years, and do not stick with a trade. Also I look at too many ideas, and perfection. Like thinking having 3 different language teachers teach you French is better than one.

There is always the trade off of  "10 Dimes Make Dollar" versus sticking with a trade and having a big winner,or worse, giving it all back.

That is where ones system (i use that term loosely) comes into play

Like yourself I've looked at 100s, if not 1000s, of different systems over the years and wrote at least a billion lines of code testing various trading ideas/concepts.

The vast majority of them didn't work -- OR --  they didn't talk to me and/or I couldn't get them to payoff.

The change to 24 hour trading, IMHO really increased ones risk especially if one has a position On.

That where the big boys benefit versus the little guy.  They have enough staff to trade round the clock.

No simple answers other than Self-Discipline (which we all think we have) and Hope for the best.

Either the chips fall your way or they don't.

As I previously stated, IMHO the only people making consistent money are the Exchanges and Data/Order vendors.

We're just income to them, with each trader trying to outguess the other in an attempt to prove we're smarter than the next guy.

Caveat Emptor!

Edited by dwnowhere1, 10 December 2020 - 05:11 PM.

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,419 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 10:21 AM

Good news, I bought back my Dec. 3800 calls for .80 this morning, nice $14.20 profit and my new Jan 3800 calls are showing a nice $15 profit already, tempted to buy them back already.  Way too much bullishness out there in option land!