OT: One Covid death really got to me...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#11 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:09 AM

That's why I said "deaths caused by (or attributed to) Covid".

I think most of us would prefer a heart attack instant death rather spending painful weeks on a respirator without any friends or family around.

It's a sad, lonely way to go.

I want to die while I'm in good health, like The Godfather, in my tomato patch playing with my great-grandkids.

Vito Corleone Dies the Perfect Death

Vido Golleone.........(they speak like that)...........just looking at the face of people like him makes me sit on my WC.......he, the middle easterner manners of his southern italiotic region and the fact that people like him have received by a bunch of idiots the same passport that I have despite we are ethnically different to say the least. 

Just to be clear.  

They don' t represent italy, they represent themselves and their southern regional land......to be clearer

Forgot, depending on me the south of italy would ask to be annexed to Lebanon or something like that............

Edited by andr99, 16 January 2021 - 05:13 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#12 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:15 AM

''italy is a geographic expression''...........METTERNICH.....never ever words were truer. A geographic entity.....just that. The alpine and subalpine region where I' m from shares nothing with those........''vido colleone'' entities of the south. And I stop myself here......I could easily pass the limit given the anger we have to keep inside here  because of that infaust decision to put us together with them

Edited by andr99, 16 January 2021 - 09:16 AM.

#13 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

they have brought to us......mafia and parasitism which are their trademarks. And when the mountain of money taking the route from North to south for some reason is interrupted, their start crying.............the ''cry and fuc@'' southern italiotic region, which no one knows what it may have to do with us and with europe. Sorry today is not my best day......and when that happens....the truth gets out 

Edited by andr99, 16 January 2021 - 09:52 AM.

#14 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:03 AM

last consideration....when we Alpine and sub Alpine Northerners go abroad........the usual foreign idiot who knows nothing about us.......refers to us as to the ''italian mafious guys'' because the few neurons of the idiot think that italy is one and undivided......in his head the hollywood movies with sicilians are a picture of the whole italy. Never happened to me, but I would like it to happen one day just to have the pleasure to cut the idiot in half. Because having to keep the mafia south on our shoulders and then being laughed at.....is too much even for the most pacific people in the world.    

Edited by andr99, 16 January 2021 - 10:06 AM.

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:50 PM

"In the MMR II group, 5 of 50 subjects had mumps titers of 182 AU/ml or above, and all 5 of these subjects... were functionally immune... Each had had several days of extensive exposure to an actively symptomatic person who was positive for SARS-CoV-2, e.g., a housemate or a spouse. These subjects took no social distancing or other precautions such as wearing masks. Despite this, the functionally immune subjects never tested positive for COVID-19 despite the ease of transmission of SARS-CoV-2."
--From the Gold MMR study recently published.

The total study was still fairly small, but the correlation between higher mumps titers and either immunity or very mild cases is clear. There's a massive study underway now get get more clarity on this, but since it's obvious that there is good likelihood of serious benefit, if not outright immunity to covid 19 and very little risk with a 50 year old vaccine, the reward:risk is compelling.

I'm sold.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#16 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

"In the MMR II group, 5 of 50 subjects had mumps titers of 182 AU/ml or above, and all 5 of these subjects... were functionally immune... Each had had several days of extensive exposure to an actively symptomatic person who was positive for SARS-CoV-2, e.g., a housemate or a spouse. These subjects took no social distancing or other precautions such as wearing masks. Despite this, the functionally immune subjects never tested positive for COVID-19 despite the ease of transmission of SARS-CoV-2."
--From the Gold MMR study recently published.

The total study was still fairly small, but the correlation between higher mumps titers and either immunity or very mild cases is clear. There's a massive study underway now get get more clarity on this, but since it's obvious that there is good likelihood of serious benefit, if not outright immunity to covid 19 and very little risk with a 50 year old vaccine, the reward:risk is compelling.

I'm sold.

These findings do warrant a larger study. Any infection or vaccine triggers the immune system into higher gear. Hyperstimulation of the immune system can protect against infections or reduce their effects. The data they will look at will be whether this is a  temporary protection or that the long-term immunity it confers for MMR also works for COVID.

The TB vaccine, BCG, also induces this kind of trained immunity and may be a reason for lower rates of COVID-19 in those countries that still give these vaccinations. The oral polio vaccine, OPV, has been found to have protections against heterologous infections and mortality. (Interesting related factoid: Infection with malaria parasites leads to a partial and short-term immunity that protects against a new infection.)

I read the MMR study and there was no information about the recency of the MMR vaccine, and, as you report, it was a very small pilot study with only 50 subjects.  It would have very limited value if it works for very short periods of time or if it has a low efficacy level for COVID-19. It may take quite a while to get the findings from a good double-blind study.

It certainly makes sense to evaluate these and others for induction of a non-specific boost of immunity for COVID and could contribute to reducing the spread of infection in countries where there are limited supplies of the new vaccines. However, the new vaccines developed specifically for COVID-19 seem to have excellent efficacy and safety rates. It's possible that more serious problems for these vaccines can emerge over longer periods of time, but it does seem like our best bet by far at the moment.

OEXCHAOS, I'm wondering why you prefer the MMR to the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

#17 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:49 PM

Congrats to Roger !

i think that young generation who will have children later should be careful about vaccination type, because some of the vaccination tends to modify DNA, risk factor is unknown.

#18 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:21 PM

Congrats to Roger !

i think that young generation who will have children later should be careful about vaccination type, because some of the vaccination tends to modify DNA, risk factor is unknown.

That information is incorrect.  Key Facts:

• Like all vaccines, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines have been rigorously tested for safety before being authorized for use in the United States.
  • mRNA technology is new, but not unknown. They have been studied for more than a decade.
  • mRNA vaccines do not contain a live virus and do not carry a risk of causing disease in the vaccinated person.
  • mRNA from the vaccine never enters the nucleus of the cell and does not affect or interact with a person’s DNA.

This link offers a comprehensive and non-technical explanation of how the vaccine works and the reasons it cannot modify your DNA.  From Reuters:  

https://www.reuters....s-idUSKBN22U2BZ

#19 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:35 PM

Memo to Claire: I will turn 81 in just a couple of weeks, and carrying on all my normal activities such as  dining every week  in my favorite sea-food restaurants along highway A1A in St Augustine, visiting Gym 6/7 days every week, tons of visits to Walmart, Aldi, Home Depot, Lowe's, picking up food from restaurants, etc.  Yes, everything is wide open in Florida. Did regular visits to eye doctor & my HMO doctor for routine prevention reasons, took in a crowded cruise in 2020 and looking forward to  1 or 2 in 2021. I worked on tons of landscaping projects last summer because the house was brand new and needed it. I must be doing something right, since not even a cold this year. Don't need a single medication yet. I mow my lawn with a push mower without needing to stop for breaks. I am now 100% convinced daily exercise is key to good health. My goal is to outlive my mother who made it to age 103. Except she was not mobile after age 95. I want to be able to jump over 3 foot hurdles at age 100. I can easily clear 4 foot hurdles now. So to conclude, the China virus has been easy to avoid so far. Key is exercise and continuous mild exposure to people to build immunity.  If I had diabetes, cancer, obesity, heart disease, kidney disease, etc. I would copy Biden and stay in my basement and avoid any exposure to other humans.

You clearly do seem to be very fit and healthy which may be partly the result of a healthful lifestyle. Another possibility is that you won the genetics lottery.  Yet another possibility is that you've been lucky so far, but surely you don't believe that an N of 1 is a statistically sound data base to extrapolate to the population as a whole. 

Are you aware that many very healthy and fit young people have become seriously ill or died - including athletes who participate in marathons and triathlons, have very healthful diets and who don't have pre-existing medical conditions? Also, a great many people live in circumstances that make it much more difficult to take care of medical needs or live healthfully, including those who are more at risk due to genetic vulnerabilities. 

Yes, healthy weight, exercise, and a healthful diet are known to be positive for health and longevity, but it doesn't always work for known and yet unknown reasons.  Your comments seem to imply that anyone who gets sick could have avoided it by living as you do and is to blame if they don't? Are you suggesting that you have the answers that apply to everyone? 

Your confidence in your pronouncements seems not to have been altered by your prior certainty that this virus was no worse than the flu and that it was going to disappear by last summer. Are you ready to acknowledge that you were wrong? Can you be open to the possibility that you don't have all the answers and that your health may be neither normative nor the standard for evaluating or making judgments about the outcome for others? 

He's so much in love with himself, I hope he never got married. The poor woman. it would be more like taking a hostage than anything else.

#20 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

the reward:risk is compelling
Isn't that the essence of everyday life... Personally weighing risk vs reward?
I know more people who died in traffic accidents than killed by terrorists, murders or Covid.

I know more people who died by their own guns (which were bought for their "protection") than those protected by their weapons.

Fear mongering is the stock and trade of today's media.

Government now  takes our freedoms with every "crisis", real, imagined. or hyped.

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.” ― Rahm Emanuel.

"Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid."
~Kelly Clarkson~

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 January 2021 - 10:58 PM.