Photo

Who does the Treasury Secretary really work for?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:55 AM

I once heard a report that for every dollar that taxpayers pay law enforcement, organized crime pays $4.

Janet Yellen has been paid well to be the next "FIXER" of Wall Street

As of January 2021, the secretary of the Treasury is paid an annual salary of $221,400.

Janet Yellen has made at least $7m from Wall Street.

Who will she really work for?  $221,400 vs $7,000,000

Jan 1, 2021 — Yellen, the former chair of the Federal Reserve, brought in nearly $1 million giving nine speeches to Citi alone. She earned more than $800,000 speaking to Citadel, a hedge fund. She also spoke to the law and lobbying firm Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman.
She was paid $67,500 for speaking at a Goldman Sachs event. ... Barclays and $292,500 from a single speech for hedge fund Citadel.

Janet Yellen said she would consider taxing unrealized capital gains to boost government revenues, reported Reuters.

Unrealized capital gains refer to the theoretical increase in value of assets that an investor holds onto. The gains are only realized when the investor sells the asset at a price higher than what was initially paid to buy it.

Henry.jpg

Guarding the Hen House like a fox...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 January 2021 - 12:04 PM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:35 PM

Tax the unrealized capital gains....what can go wrong? My unrealized gains far exceed the cash on hand. 

Which means I will be forced to sell to pay the tax. There will be millions of Americans in same boat as me.

Like I said, what can go wrong? 

Wonder what this law will cost Bezos? Elon Musk? Buffet? Bill Gates? They are all sitting on Billions of unrealized gains.

Edited by pdx5, 30 January 2021 - 12:37 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 dwnowhere1

dwnowhere1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:30 PM

RodgerDodger:  Here we go again with all this conspiracy BS,  and I mean BS in capital letters.

When will you guys ever learn.    This is a childish view of things, and not one I would expect based on your trading posts.  

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:54 PM

I guess all of the various news outlets from Reuters to CNN and Newsweek are all in on my "conspiracy" too.

The only complaint that I saw from the swamp was:

"It's outrageous that Janet Yellen was paid for these speeches ... at lower rates than her male counterparts."

None of the criminals, except Martha Stewart, went to prison following the 2008 bank heist as 15 banks failed but other "connected" banks were rescued; "Too big to fail."

Martha.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 January 2021 - 05:58 PM.