• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:40 AM

This is disturbing. Not so much for the market, but for the reliability of the indicator.

https://schrts.co/aYRTQmyh

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:54 AM

As expected from this end...but better to wait for EOD for better analysis.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:14 PM

Something's very strange about the volume data at stockcharts.com until sometimes very late the next day.  According to them the declining and advancing volumes are about equal today.  A day in which the DJIA is up 600 points and has been up all day.  I just don't believe it.   $TRIN = ($NYADV/$NYDEC)/($NYUPV/$NYDNV).  Note that the advance/declines in the plot below is still high, pretty much unchanged from yesterday, but the advancing volume/declining volume has dropped sharply to about even.  That has made $TRIN jump up today.  

bdU3zJW.png

Regards,

Douglas

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

1) Something's very strange about the volume data at stockcharts.com until sometimes very late the next day. 

2) According to them the declining and advancing volumes are about equal today.

3) A day in which the DJIA is up 600 points and has been up all day.

4) I just don't believe it.

1) This has been going on for a while now since they changed their data source...NAUD has been good though, NYUD might be corrected the next day as are the Canadian issues.

2) They are by 3 other sources as well.

3) It's only an index of 30 issues as opposed to the broader market of both the NYSE and NASDAQ

4) It is what it is until it isn't...just be happy that this kind of data is still available since the NYSE makes almost impossible to get it these days.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:57 PM

Looking at the meme stocks that were 'pumped by WSB'(PLTR, BB, GME, AMC, NOK, SLV etc.), you'd think we were in the middle of a 7%+ down day on an index. 

Edited by brucekeller, 02 February 2021 - 01:58 PM.

#6 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:51 PM

Something's very strange about the volume data at stockcharts.com until sometimes very late the next day.  According to them the declining and advancing volumes are about equal today.  A day in which the DJIA is up 600 points and has been up all day.  I just don't believe it.   $TRIN = ($NYADV/$NYDEC)/($NYUPV/$NYDNV).  Note that the advance/declines in the plot below is still high, pretty much unchanged from yesterday, but the advancing volume/declining volume has dropped sharply to about even.  That has made $TRIN jump up today.  

bdU3zJW.png

Regards,

Douglas

Data especially advance and decline volumes were unsable due to  the meme's last week, think about it, when GME trades by itself a billion shares  a day.

Edited by slupert, 02 February 2021 - 07:54 PM.

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 08:57 PM

bdU3zJW.png

Regards,

Douglas

Data especially advance and decline volumes were unsable due to  the meme's last week, think about it, when GME trades by itself a billion shares  a day.

now ur talking.......one big volume stock  is all it takes.......up down volumn is worthless......

#8 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 09:56 PM

Is it possible to get up and down volume on a single stock or ETF like IBB?

Thanks, gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#9 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:51 AM

Is it possible to get up and down volume on a single stock or ETF like IBB?

Thanks, gis

I don't know how you could do it exactly but; OBV can really be affected y say, a big down day, now look at the accum. distr.. indicator, might not have moved or moved much at all, accum/distr. I believe is the best, but for a ST move, cross reference with OBV. (JMHO)

#10 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:15 AM

[/quote]
I don't know how you could do it exactly but; OBV can really be affected y say, a big down day, now look at the accum. distr.. indicator, might not have moved or moved much at all, accum/distr. I believe is the best, but for a ST move, cross reference with OBV. (JMHO)[/quote]

Thanks Slupert,

gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!