Risk Windows the Week of February 8th

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 04:13 AM

According to my risk summation system, the days this coming week with the highest risk of a turn in or acceleration of the current trend are Tuesday the 9th and Friday the 12th of February.

A few weeks ago I posted a note about a 72 week mirror cycle which was originally found by Tom Hougaard.  The next turn incarnation of this cycle appears to be during the week of the 16th of February.  The 37 week mirror cycle also points to the week of February 16h for its next turn increasing the odds for something interesting happening that week.  Mirror cycles foretell turns only, not direction, so if the DJIA is rising into this week, expect a top, if it falls into the week, expect a low.

EYbKMLY.png

A4Jrwq0.png

I know it's not quite the same as Joe Kennedy getting a stock tip from a shoe shine boy in 1928, but my redneck buddies who live so far back in the sticks of Arkansas that they have to pipe in sunlight were bragging this weekend to me that they have recently been spending big money buying silver and gold.  I don't think this bodes well for the shiny metals.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 02:52 PM

I know that I have posted notes about rising wedges in the recent past that didn't work out so well, so in the spirit of, if you can't predict correctly, at least predict often, I present the big rising wedge below in the DJIA daily chart.  Note there are three touches for both the upper and lower trend lines.  Time and room are running out on the upside for this pattern, and given the 72 week and 37 week mirror cycle turns next week, I thought this one might be worth noting.  The focus of the wedge occurs at about March 26 which is close to the new moon, so maybe it will also mark a turn.  

bze3QPy.png

Regards,

Douglas