#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:14 PM

Bitcoin Eyes Record $50K as BNY Mellon Makes Crypto Leap

7 day change +25.40%

Investing.com

Bitcoin rallied Thursday, riding a wave of red-hot demand as U.S. regional bank giant BNY Mellon (NYSE:BK)'s foray into cryptocurrency pointed to signs that the era of widespread corporate adoption is near.

Bitcoin jumped 7.3% to an all-time high of $48,555.

The bank has set its sights on eventually allowing its crypto assets to flow through the same financial network used for traditional asset holdings like U.S. Treasuries and stocks.

Mastercard (NYSE:MA) also threw its support behind the popular cryptocurrency following in the footsteps of Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) and MicroStrategy Incorporated (NASDAQ:MSTR).

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 February 2021 - 06:35 PM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 10:26 PM

Is bitcoin backed by gold? /Sarc

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:34 AM

Is bitcoin backed by gold? /Sarc

It may sound Sci Fi, but in the next 20-30 years we very well could be mining an asteroid with an amount of PMs on it that would effectively crush the value of gold to something like copper. I mean, it's still a good store of value, but there's a very real endgame unless you're betting on a societal reset or satellite doomcloud scenario that ends our commercial space activity growth. 

#4 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:17 AM

Bill Gates isn't buying crypto or gold.  He's buying farm land with both fists  Bill Gates is now the biggest owner of FARMLAND in the US after buying up 242,000 acres | Daily Mail Online.  Low property tax, income generating property whether its crop is wood, silage, corn or cotton is the new wealth preservation tool of the well heeled because as Mark Twain once said "buy land, they're not making any more of it."  

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 12 February 2021 - 05:19 AM.

#5 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:13 AM

Bill Gates isn't buying crypto or gold.  He's buying farm land with both fists  Bill Gates is now the biggest owner of FARMLAND in the US after buying up 242,000 acres | Daily Mail Online.  Low property tax, income generating property whether its crop is wood, silage, corn or cotton is the new wealth preservation tool of the well heeled because as Mark Twain once said "buy land, they're not making any more of it."  

Regards,

Douglas

Funny thing is, it's probably a climate change play right? For some reason people imagine the world getting super dry when you have melting ice and more evaporating water... *shrug* 

#6 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

Funny thing is, it's probably a climate change play right? For some reason people imagine the world getting super dry when you have melting ice and more evaporating water... *shrug* 

Last ice age killed all mammals in Midwest. Next ice age will do the same. Chicagoland was covered with glacier ice several miles high. Then the next global warming came in, melting all that ice and formed the biggest body of fresh water on earth, we call The Great Lakes. Yes Virginia, it was before SUV’s were prowling the USA. It was natural climate cycles based on activity of the Sun which is a Million times bigger than the puny earth.

And man is so puny compared to the earth, those astronauts circling the earth can not see any man made objects. Alright, there is one object they can barely see, a short wiggly line...the Great Wall of China.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 02:52 PM

Last ice age killed all mammals in Midwest. Next ice age will do the same. Chicagoland was covered with glacier ice several miles high. Then the next global warming came in, melting all that ice and formed the biggest body of fresh water on earth, we call The Great Lakes. Yes Virginia, it was before SUV’s were prowling the USA. It was natural climate cycles based on activity of the Sun which is a Million times bigger than the puny earth.

And man is so puny compared to the earth, those astronauts circling the earth can not see any man made objects. Alright, there is one object they can barely see, a short wiggly line...the Great Wall of China.

PDx5 -

any idea how much C02 a car puts out in a year ?

take a guess and lets see how close you were 

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:29 PM

PDx5 -

any idea how much C02 a car puts out in a year ?

take a guess and lets see how close you were 

Lot less than volcano eruptions. And CO2 is food for trees and crops. They retain the carbon and exhale the oxygen.

Forests thrive on CO2. Without CO2 there will be no trees & crops.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:34 PM

Any idea how much C02 nourishes plant growth thus absorbing vast amounts of carbon while releasing vast amounts of Oxygen which nourishes humans?

take a guess and lets see how close you were.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield you from the facts."

How does Bitcoin affect the environment? ... energy consumption has risen from 9.6 TWh in February 2017 to 73.2 TWh in January 2020

Bitcoin mining may be pumping out as much CO2 per year as Kansas City

Edited by Rogerdodger, 12 February 2021 - 04:51 PM.

#10 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:54 PM

How much CO2 is released during forest fires every year? Hundreds of square miles go up in flames every year.

Can any one guess? 

The main point remains..... Earth's climate has never stayed fixed for Billions of years. 

Ice ages visit earth regularly every 15-35 thousand years. There is plenty of geological evidence of past ice ages.

The next ice age will kill more humans than all the wars combined. And humans have no power to stop it.

If someone thinks humans are more powerful than the million times bigger Sun, to affect the climate,

it is over-estimating human power over power of Sun by 6 orders of magnitude.

If humans can create 0.01% more global warming than the Sun can, I am all for it. That could postpone the next ice age

by a few more precious moments of human life.