Photo

THE PRIMARY WAVE THREE thread and finding the Intermediate wave TWO corrective low

• Please log in to reply
2512 replies to this topic

#2321 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 10:12 AM

added a second AUY tranche at 3.97, a modest NEM starter at 54.40. as always DYODD

Senor

Interesting week in that if a miner reported even a "whiff" of a miss in earnings/revs/cash flow/costs it got hammered. NEM had the worst report of the week, I did not think AEM's miss was nearly as bad as production there is growing and they have the KL merger getting done in months ahead. Bot significant AEM positions yesterday. AUY was really not on my radar but when I looked at it I liked the wave count and when I started looking at the earnings report and smash down around 6% yesterday and saw how near to the years lows we were and what I count as 5 up I bot there aggressively late in the session. Also at Fridays close it yielded 3%. Here's a report I saw from TD on AUY:

"

TD Report
First Look Q3: Solid Q3; Further Improvement Expected in Q4

Event:  Last night, Yamana reported Q3/21 financials. Conference call is today at 9:00 am ET (Dial in: 1-800-806-5484 or 416-340-2217).

Impact: SLIGHTLY POSITIVE

Adjusted EPS of $0.07 was effectively in-line with our estimate and consensus of $0.08. CFPS was reported at $0.21 (TD: $0.21, consensus: $0.22).

Q3 production of 226k oz, slightly above our estimate of 220k. Production was stronger-than-expected at El Penon, due largely to higher grades in the quarter. Cerro Moro had a weaker-than-expected quarter of production as a result of lower recoveries of ~85% (vs. TD estimate of 95%) due to high clay content, which caused sedimentation and clarification challenges in the processing. Steps to improve recoveries have been taken and Q4 recoveries are expected increase to approximately 93%.

Operating Costs: Total cash costs were reported at $702/GEO (TD: $707/ GEO). Q3/21 AISC was $1,041/GEO. Operating costs were higher-than-expected Cerro Moro due largely to the lower production. Costs were lower-than-expected at Jacobina due to higher throughput and grades. AISC on a GEO basis for September was ~10% lower than the quarterly average; the company expects strong cost performance in Q4.

Free Cash Flow of ~$110mm was generated in Q3, with $93mm of capex incurred. We expect even stronger FCF in Q4.

Balance Sheet: Yamana ended Q3 with $460mm of cash and equivalents, compared to $702mm as at the end of Q2/21, due largely to debt reduction of $222mm during the quarter. Long-term debt stood at $773mm as at quarterend. The company had available credit of $750mm as at September 30, for total available liquidity of $1.2 billion.

Impact of inflationary pressures on costs: The company noted there has been a modest impact on costs from inflationary pressures, which are expected to continue into the fourth quarter. Yamana expects upwards of $20/GEO of inflationary pressure on costs not originally anticipated at the start of the year (which is reflected in our estimates)

BUY Rating:  12 month price target:  $7.00"

Did it "deserve' the smash it got? or is this a classic mkt over reaction when everything else is being sold? Who knows for sure but the wave count and risk/reward look attractive to me

Senor

#2322 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:05 AM

added some AUY at 3.93, AEM at 52,38, and GDX at 31.39, as always DYODD

Senor

#2323 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:47 AM

added another modest tranche in GDX this mornin at 31.04, AEM at 51.44, SAND at 6.17, started WDOFF at 8.50, HMY at 3.47, up to about 43% long, as always DYODD

Senor

#2324 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 10:21 AM

All these trillions in extra liquidity didn't do a darn thing for gold so why should tightening do anything to gold?

#2325 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:26 PM

Got some nice lookin potential right shoulders "possibly" ending here today, some good support levels reached IMO in correction of many 5 up rallies from Sept lows, I like my long positions, now we wait and see. Also it would not surprise me to see rage bound action for a few more weeks. As always DYODD

Senor

#2326 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:53 PM

good and needed day from a bullish prospective of a potential right shoulder/ending correction action. However can't rule out that perhaps after a further bounce we come back down and make a higher low than this one and use up more time in what I favor is a key bottoming "process", I am and have been in accumulation mode. As always DYODD

Senor

#2327 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:22 PM

Got some nice lookin potential right shoulders "possibly" ending here today, some good support levels reached IMO in correction of many 5 up rallies from Sept lows, I like my long positions, now we wait and see. Also it would not surprise me to see rage bound action for a few more weeks. As always DYODD

Senor

we could effectively be rage bound till December imo.

#2328 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:18 AM

Senor

we could effectively be rage bound till December imo.

can't rule that out but there were some stocks that have been killed and likely saw their lows for the move lower, and of course perhaps we aren't going to be range bound, then what does one do, looks very good this morning so far

Senor

#2329 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:52 AM

Helluva mornin, big time daily island bottom lookin likely in SLV, SAND has good earnings and started a divvy in 2022 and is exploding nortebull.gif , WDOFF has launched off my buy near 8.50 yesterday. KL had excellent earning/financials and I still think AEM and KL are lagging because of the merger - it may take some time to get real traction but IMO this combo will be the go to senior miner once the dust settles, like what I see and as always DYODD

Senor

#2330 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 09:58 AM

Helluva mornin, big time daily island bottom lookin likely in SLV, SAND has good earnings and started a divvy in 2022 and is exploding nortebull.gif , WDOFF has launched off my buy near 8.50 yesterday. KL had excellent earning/financials and I still think AEM and KL are lagging because of the merger - it may take some time to get real traction but IMO this combo will be the go to senior miner once the dust settles, like what I see and as always DYODD

Senor

The BIG question that I have is if we did an ABC down or just A down, with current wave in B. I can make completed ABC in NEM, but AEM and GDXJ are problematic.

Edited by linrom1, 04 November 2021 - 09:59 AM.