Photo

THE PRIMARY WAVE THREE thread and finding the Intermediate wave TWO corrective low

• Please log in to reply
2512 replies to this topic

#2411 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:47 PM

Looking For A Metals Rally To Begin

By Avi

My premise in many of the charts I have been tracking is that we needed a bigger 2nd wave pullback before we can expect any major break out to sustain.  And, this past week, the market seems to have obliged.   So, let’s look at each chart separately, as there are some nuanced differences I would like to highlight.

I want to start by reviewing the GDXJ chart.  I do not normally cover this chart, but when it provides a clearer picture, I will lean into its structure for guidance.  Since we bottomed back in late September, I noted that I was able to count a relatively nice 5-wave rally structure off that low.  Moreover, as the market rallied to a higher high over the high of wave [i], I was outlining my view that the rally counted best as a corrective b-wave in an expanded wave [ii] flat.  And, as of today, I am clearly of the same opinion, as the market has followed through almost perfectly on my expectation, despite much bullishness abound at the b-wave high.

In fact, within this c-wave decline that I expected, the market provided us with a nice smaller degree 4th wave bounce which caused the MACD to rally, and provide us with a positive divergence set up.  That means that the MACD rallied off its lows, and did not strike a lower low even though price struck a lower low.  That usually signifies the 5-wave of the c-wave in this set up, and tells me to be on the lookout for an impulsive rally off the low to suggest the next rally phase has likely begun. But, for now, we clearly have enough waves in place to suggest that wave [ii] has completed, as I patiently await the next impulsive rally to take hold.

To date, I have been viewing the GDX a bit differently and potentially one wave degree ahead of GDXJ.   But, as of today, I am going to adopt the same count as I have been tracking in the GDXJ for the GDX.  That means that I am now viewing the current decline as a c-wave in expanded wave [ii] flat, similar to the GDXJ.

And, when we take a peek over at silver, it has also solidified the potential wave [2] pullback I have been seeking in that chart as well.  This lines all these charts up with just about completing 2nd wave pullbacks.  

What this now means is that we should all be on the lookout for an impending impulsive rally which will set up the break out I have been patiently awaiting in order to add aggressive long positions.  I still need to see a 5-wave rally off these 2nd wave pullbacks, followed by a corrective pullback to a higher low, thereafter followed by a break out.  That break out is where I add aggressive long positions, and set stops at the secondary higher low.  And, should the break out indeed be the 3rd wave I am expecting, then it will not take much time until we are able to raise our stops to lock in profits.

Moreover, once we get the next i-ii structure developed, I will provide targets for the rally I expect upon the next break out.

In the meantime, the one chart that does seem to be a bit ahead in its wave count is gold.  So, I am still abiding by the 60-minute GLD chart attached below, and suggesting that a break out over the pivot will set the pivot as our new support, with an ideal target for the next major rally structure pointing to at least the 217 region in 2022.

So, in summary, if my current count is correct, we should be bottoming out in the metals charts quite imminently, and beginning an impulsive rally off those lows.  If that is indeed what we see in the coming weeks, then we will begin to prepare for a major rally to take hold in the metals complex, and I will begin to provide upside target for all our charts once we have this current 2nd wave pullback confirmed as completed.

Lastly, I want to remind you again that until we get the break out set up I am seeking and outlining above, it is unwise to take an aggressive posture in the metals complex.  Experience has taught me that once can patiently wait for the break out set up in order to lower the risk, even though you may not garner as much profit.  But, based upon the manner in which metals run during ta 3rd wave, there is plenty of profit to garner even if you patiently await the appropriate low risk set up.  That is what keeps you out of trouble in the metals complex.

#2412 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 11:09 AM

Hurst gold cycle at about 20 minute mark...expecting lows here now 1760 area with a move up into March 2022

donc

#2413 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:41 AM

fwiw it is possible gld sees a major bottom on the solstice would not surprise me

and possible the broad market sees a major top on the solstice hmm interesting if that happens

Edited by gannman, 01 December 2021 - 11:42 AM.

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2414 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 08:33 PM

From Elliot Wave Trader:

By Arkady

Gold: the Option 3 Micro Linear chart presents my operative scenario with the key levels for a bounce . Initial target for impulsive rally is 1808 region; waves circle b - c could bring gold to 1836, and that would be rather bearish setup, imHo. 

To maintain the bottom is in place scenarios (the Option 1 and 2 charts) I want to see strong impulsive acceleration beyond 1836 - 1853 area. As long as a bounce holds below 1824 region wave v to 1723 region remains a doable scenario for the Options 1 and 2.

PS from Avi:

By Avi

We need to move through 31.05 in GDX impulsively to suggest we are finally done with this pullback.

#2415 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:22 PM

Almost There

By Avi

With the metals beginning a rally this week as I had wanted to see, we are still not yet quite there.  You see, I said I need to see a CLEAR 5 wave rally off a low, and, thus far, we only have 3 waves.  

So, as I am a bit short on time, I can make this update really simple.  I have added an 8 minute GDX chart for illustrative purposes on the micro count.  As you can see, I still need another push higher to complete an initial 5 waves up off the low.  But, the one thing that does concern me a little is that the 3rd wave did not even strike the 1.618 extension of waves 1-2, which is unusual in the metals complex, as extensions usually exceed the standards, and rarely come up short.

Therefore, please do not take anything for granted, as we really need to see that initial 5 waves up to begin to turn the tide for the bulls and begin to have me looking higher in the coming months in an aggressive fashion.  Until then, I am still a bit cautious until we at least get this first 5 waves up off a low.

#2416 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:12 AM

Gold 2 hour now in super wedgie mode as death cross about to happen....

If bulls do not step up almost immediately, could be about to get ugly....

something about give real soon.....either way

g.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2417 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:13 AM

Copper back below 4.30 after the dead cat attempt overnight.....

If Friday's initial breakdown low gets taken out shortly, Dr. Copper could be just about to cliff dive....

cop.png

Edited by K Wave, 13 December 2021 - 09:14 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2418 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:15 AM

Copper back below 4.30 after the dead cat attempt overnight.....

If Friday's initial breakdown low gets taken out shortly, Dr. Copper could be just about to cliff dive....

cop.png

You mean everyone won't have two EVs in their garage?

#2419 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:25 AM

Apple a hair away from 3 TRILLION market cap pre-market...

Just how insane??? Is now equivalent to 5th largest country in the world by GDP....

When Apple finally rolls over, that is when market likely gonna be in big trouble.....

I guess we will see how much more insane they can get......

#2420 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:29 AM

Gold 15 min could decide things....

Bulls need to climb out over the key 1793 level before the 900 gives way downside....

g.png