TA analysts and....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:54 PM

anal...ysts. The past week I phoned a well known professional trader here in italy. He runs a paid service and I wanted to know what he thought about our domestic stock market and the direction it would take in the ST. He told me he was expecting the start of a drop. I told him I was expecting it to surge. He told me my opinion was wrong and it was not based on real facts, but.....I don' t remember the exact words...maybe on the horoscope or something like that. And he closed my phone call leaving me with no possibility to reply. You have to know that many anal...ysts are usually very nervous persons. Today Milan up more than 3 % and so is the dax in Germany. And I was wrong, mine was just an opinion not based on anything consistent while his method was scientifically so consistent. I' m here laughing in the face of that idiot......whom I cannot provide the name of....obviously.....because the conversation was private...and if I did I would be in troubles.  

Edited by andr99, 08 March 2021 - 12:59 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:00 PM

Hmmmm, I wouldn't toss out what he said to fast.  The problem with this market is that you could wake up one morning and it could be down --5 to -10% for no particular reason as it is the most overvalued ever, sentiment is extremely bullish, extremely above its 200-day average  and technically still overbought.  With biden in charge and hiring everyone obama had I can't see screaming new highs coming.  Maybe we will see them but it will be an uphill battle if you ask me.  Volatility is going to be huge this year in my view!  And no I'm not a bear or a bull for that matter thus the reason I day trade both ways and sell out of the money option premium.  10-days to expiration and I have the 4100, 4150 March calls and 3500, 3300 puts sold!  Likely going to take almost full profits on the calls this week! 

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:43 PM

there' s a problem ......I told him that I was expecting a break up.......as the Milan' s index had been sideways for three weeks and one direction or the other one would have be taken soon. I said it was the upside that was to be taken and he said the downside. He was arrogant beyond I could expect and in the end he demonstrated to be an idiot. Because today we have had the break up........

If you ask me, we are not far from the arrival, but in two weeks we may see another 7% gain in our index which corresponds to a lot more in some stocks I know.....why loosing it ? Why getting short three weeks in advance at a wrong price in the wrong surrounding environment ? But hey....HE is the.....anal..yst

Edited by andr99, 08 March 2021 - 03:48 PM.

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:37 PM

Awwww arrogance is always a failure waiting to happen.  I always laugh when someone tries to say "this is it".  There has only been one guy I know that did it and that was Mark Haines at the very bottom of the fianancial crisis.  Myself and the Chief went long right right there and went for a great ride.  The reason I listened to him was he wasn't being ignorant, had nothing to make off of it and he convinced me it was it the bottom because he said he really felt it!  Was an awesome call!! 

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:09 AM

''arrogance is always a failure waiting to happen''..........very true. I' ve got a living example in my ex tennis sparring partner whom I have abandoned because I' m no longer able to digest his idiotic arrogance. He used to say that once upon a time he used to beat anybody on the court. Then the match starts and he loses against anybody. One day I gave him 6-0 6-0 letting him doing seven or eigth points at all in the whole match. The following time he repeated for the nth-time that he used to be the strongest one. He is the strongest when talking, then when the match starts, he pisses in his pants. A border line psichology that luckily I have not to deal with any longer. I just changed my opponents. These ones are normal people.  

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:23 AM

the day I gave him 6-0 6-0 letting to him just seven or eigth points at all, he went home without saying a word and for three days he didn' t talk to me. That is what arrogance is made of. 

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 08:12 AM

Awwww I've had thise guys on my court too.  Would be fun if we could play sometime, market chat between games lol!  I still use the Head Radical mid, 98in, what kind of stick do you play with?  Still string it tight though 63lbs just like Andre lol!!

Edited by 12SPX, 09 March 2021 - 08:12 AM.

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:03 AM

My heaven is the Head Prestige Pro 600 (which should corresponds to 93 inches.....using Angle Saxon measures) with Signum Pro strings, type Micronite 1.27 mm which is a multifilament, strung at 18 Kilograms. This combination is my holy land. I have four rackets and I keep them as gold because I tried a new racket three years ago and I had to leave it apart almost immediately. I have it in my garage.......it's pure garbage compared to my Prestige.   

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:13 AM

http://www.gutsandgl...onite-reviewed/

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:19 AM

last tournament I partecipated to, was a good amount of time ago. I was sent out by a guy with a C2 classification, a very high level. I was out in three sets after winning the first. Unfortunately I had no beer remained and he took the second and third set. That was due to the fact that I only trained once per week in the week end, with that idiot that I said before. With a decent phisical condition the C2 guy would have been sent out in two straight sets. He was the 2nd seed in the tournament and when the spectators realized that the second seed was 1-0 below, in one minute around the court there was more crowd than around all the other courts together. I was an unknown.......an errating mine......LOL ...........unknown because I had no interests in tournaments at that time and I didn' t partecipate in them. Just a couple of times.....I wasn' t still a kid and I had else in mind. Good memories however....    

Edited by andr99, 09 March 2021 - 11:23 AM.