the equinox marks the turn in the pm sector "a new leg higher"

• Please log in to reply
2864 replies to this topic

#171 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 10:55 AM

before the fed announcement paul tudor jones was interviewed , here is what he had to say:

"If Fed treats [inflation numbers], which were material events, with nonchalance, then it's just a green light to bet heavily on every inflation trade. The idea that inflation is transitory, it doesn't work the way I see the world, I would be really concerned about arguing that inflation is transitory when we have inventories at a record low, we have demand screaming, and we have people who are really underinvested where they should be given the valuations of variety of financial assets."

"If they course-correct, if they say, 'We've got incoming data, we've accomplished our mission, or we're on the way very rapidly to accomplishing our mission on employment,' then you're going to get a taper tantrum," Jones said. "You're going to get a selloff in fixed income. You're going to get a correction in stocks."

"I look at $88 trillion of assets under management by asset managers. Of that, $670 billion are invested in commodity indices. That's about three-quarters of one percent. If I were to rewind to 2011 when inflation was peaking at 3%, those same investors had 1.2% of their assets (allocated to commodities)," he said. "If I just look where the asset managers are, the 60/40 types, the one thing they should be invested in, they are not invested in. So, you've got this massive short in the commodity complex."

so the fed is ignoring , watch what they actually do forget about what they say, the signs of inflation. if you eat , and shop at a market for food, price inflation is not lost on you. this action is shaking out the weak hands in the pmsector. its time to either hold on , or step up to the plate and add. we are in weimar 2. make no mistake dont be fooled

dharma

#172 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 12:16 PM

before the fed announcement paul tudor jones was interviewed , here is what he had to say:

"If Fed treats [inflation numbers], which were material events, with nonchalance, then it's just a green light to bet heavily on every inflation trade. The idea that inflation is transitory, it doesn't work the way I see the world, I would be really concerned about arguing that inflation is transitory when we have inventories at a record low, we have demand screaming, and we have people who are really underinvested where they should be given the valuations of variety of financial assets."

"If they course-correct, if they say, 'We've got incoming data, we've accomplished our mission, or we're on the way very rapidly to accomplishing our mission on employment,' then you're going to get a taper tantrum," Jones said. "You're going to get a selloff in fixed income. You're going to get a correction in stocks."

"I look at $88 trillion of assets under management by asset managers. Of that, $670 billion are invested in commodity indices. That's about three-quarters of one percent. If I were to rewind to 2011 when inflation was peaking at 3%, those same investors had 1.2% of their assets (allocated to commodities)," he said. "If I just look where the asset managers are, the 60/40 types, the one thing they should be invested in, they are not invested in. So, you've got this massive short in the commodity complex."

so the fed is ignoring , watch what they actually do forget about what they say, the signs of inflation. if you eat , and shop at a market for food, price inflation is not lost on you. this action is shaking out the weak hands in the pmsector. its time to either hold on , or step up to the plate and add. we are in weimar 2. make no mistake dont be fooled

dharma

Martin Armstrong has said before that core economies don't experience hyper-inflation they just collapse which he does not see until 2032.95 Pi Cycle date. Why could his historical comparison not work this time?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#173 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 04:59 PM

wow quiet here!

Hope no fingers and toes lost last week. Ugly action. Really changes things ST i think.

July promises some respite at least i "hope'

But hoping is not usually good trading for me

#174 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 05:40 PM

eric sprott returns. 

covers some very pertinent things on folks minds. including the shot. and newfoundland

i have spent alot of time researching newfoundland.  i feel very comfortable investing there. i have started a campaign on one issue.  i had 3  that are just knocking the cover off the ball.   eric is excited by the prospects up there.   have a listen.  dont know if he will return on a regular basis. by the way eric made 25% a year for clients for 25 years.  so he does his homework

dharma

#175 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:31 PM

Martin Armstrong has said before that core economies don't experience hyper-inflation they just collapse which he does not see until 2032.95 Pi Cycle date. Why could his historical comparison not work this time?"

---------------------------

Russ,

(1) hyperinflation requires a collapse of production, it is a necessary condition. Lyn Alden has a great piece on inflation where she proves this.

(2) the debt situation is not likely to last that long IMVHO, the US govt debt is accelerating too fast. I think we're in for a surprise, lol.

#176 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 10:04 AM

https://pbs.twimg.co...ng&name=900x900

hourly divergences in gld/gdx/slv

right into the turn window 20-23  its possible that we have bottomed 

i am looking for a bull leg higher. which will bring us to new forever highs

nothing is real. strawberry fields forever, they were way ahead of their time

but here we are. 

there is an inverse h&s pattern on gold 

lets see what basel 3 brings.  will it reign in the banksters who control comex and london??! 

not a fan of marty.  

dharma

Edited by dharma, 21 June 2021 - 10:07 AM.

#177 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 01:14 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...ng&name=900x900

hourly divergences in gld/gdx/slv

right into the turn window 20-23  its possible that we have bottomed 

i am looking for a bull leg higher. which will bring us to new forever highs

nothing is real. strawberry fields forever, they were way ahead of their time

but here we are. 

there is an inverse h&s pattern on gold 

lets see what basel 3 brings.  will it reign in the banksters who control comex and london??! 

not a fan of marty.  

dharma

It sure seemed like you were a fan of Marty before, what happened?   BTW.... China is launching their own Cryptocurrency today, China Coin, some are saying it will crash the dollar. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#178 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

Correction to above,  China Coin may be a scam, there are fake sites pushing it.  

#179 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 02:13 PM

Martin Armstrong has said before that core economies don't experience hyper-inflation they just collapse which he does not see until 2032.95 Pi Cycle date. Why could his historical comparison not work this time?"

---------------------------

Russ,

(1) hyperinflation requires a collapse of production, it is a necessary condition. Lyn Alden has a great piece on inflation where she proves this.

(2) the debt situation is not likely to last that long IMVHO, the US govt debt is accelerating too fast. I think we're in for a surprise, lol.

Hi Smithy, Do you see production collapsing?  Yes have watched some of Lyn Alden's videos, I find her hard to follow though, but she did this big report... https://www.elliottw...eRestOf2021.pdf

#180 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 02:31 PM

sorry russ , was never a fan, i read him just to know what everyone else was thinking.   i will leave it at that

watching , miners raced this am,  then they pulled back.    big concern is stocks are priced at silly levels. 

how long will people sleep walk?   valuations of alot of stuff has gone off the charts.    who would buy a bond???

dharma