sentiment from TSP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:37 PM

TSP sentiment bulls dropped to 39% last week. One of of only 3 readings under 40 since last September

TSP sentiment

watch the sky

Edited by da_cheif, 12 July 2021 - 07:38 PM.

#2 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 10:01 PM

There is no correlation between TSP and S&P. Surveys change, S&P goes up. We dont need an excuse for a bullish case. I stay long no matter what. Just like all my friends and relatives through their pension funds. They dont even know they are long the market. They dont even know what the market is. But they are long. Do you really think a survey like that will change the market? This is nonsense.

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:32 AM

There is no correlation between TSP and S&P. Surveys change, S&P goes up. We dont need an excuse for a bullish case. I stay long no matter what. Just like all my friends and relatives through their pension funds. They dont even know they are long the market. They dont even know what the market is. But they are long. Do you really think a survey like that will change the market? This is nonsense.

I don't know about that...but it's worked for him for close to 50 years and earned him close to 20 Timer Digest awards!

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 13 July 2021 - 07:32 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:46 AM

Interesting, that's quite a change.  I go more on option sentiment which is still raging bullish but I'm just looking for volatility!! 

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 11:15 AM

I don't know about that...but it's worked for him for close to 50 years and earned him close to 20 Timer Digest awards!

Fib

what amazez me are these back seat part time market analysts who are quick to get defensive......being bearish and worried about the stock market is easy anybody can do it.......apparently they dont trust the bus driver whos been doing it all his life.....if somebody wanted the services of a brain surgeon he sure wudnt want to second guess the doc now would he?

#6 gilford

gilford

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 04:09 PM

I'm long and all about "watch the sky" but dont see how this TSP thingy helps the bull case on the last print. The previous 2 prints where Bulls were > 60% happened during a nice bull run. So just based on that I would say this survey is not contrarian. Anyway doesnt matter - JUST BUY STONKS!!! LOL. 

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:52 PM

I'm long and all about "watch the sky" but dont see how this TSP thingy helps the bull case on the last print. The previous 2 prints where Bulls were > 60% happened during a nice bull run. So just based on that I would say this survey is not contrarian. Anyway doesnt matter - JUST BUY STONKS!!! LOL. 

how about AAII  more bears than bulls  and cnn fear greed index in the fear zone

Edited by da_cheif, 13 July 2021 - 07:53 PM.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 11:03 AM

So long as financial commercial paper is yielding 11 bp, it's hard to make a case for a decline that lasts long. Even a doubling in the long yield had no effect at all that I could see.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter