Photo

CPI Shows a Hot Inflation, Fed Chief Will Have Hard Time in the Congress Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 09:53 AM

https://www.investin...xpected-2556579

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 July 2021 - 09:54 AM.

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:05 AM

A delayed reaction may be in the cards for tomorrow.......................

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 July 2021 - 10:07 AM.

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:51 AM

All rear mirror stuff of something that was politically manufactured...the experts will be scratching their collective heads on where it all went in a couple of months.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 11:39 AM

all part of the game.......for years inflation didn' t exist.....now from one night to the following morning inflation is exploding. You canj call it the game of building a wall of worries before attempting at new highs. Inflation was there before, because if you print money you get inflation, but the magicians who drive the stock markets at their will can print ad infinitum and repeat ad infinitum that inflation don' t exist. If they want they could even cancel the word in the dictionary.......the game will go and on. Next week inflation will be declared transitory or on its way of extinction and the stock markets will be allowed to rise again................until one day the bursting bubble will teach all of them a hard lesson, the lesson they deserve.     

A healthy economy doesn' t grow on debts

Edited by andr99, 13 July 2021 - 11:42 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 11:44 AM

A healthy economy doesn' t grow on debts

But the stock market(s) does.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 12:20 PM

Funny part overlooked here is that all that money printed is adding to national debt.

National debt requires servicing meaning interest paid every year. 

So FED and Administration are caught between a rock and hard place.

If FED increases interest rates to match inflation, the cost of servicing debt will explode.

If FED keeps interest rates artificially low, the real estate and stock bubble gets bigger and bigger.

All the old guys here know about bubbles. We have seen them grow very big and then there is a big bang.

I am hanging on to my old cars. They are going up in price faster than the stock market haha.

1/3rd of the inflation in June is from used car prices LMAO. I am getting multiple offers to buy my 2011 HHR

from car dealers in the mail. I think I will wait until the stock bubble bursts first, then sell those old cars.  

Edited by pdx5, 13 July 2021 - 12:23 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 12:25 PM

...I underline that I' m long on western stock markets, but I know the game won' t last forever. I think we have still a couple of years at least to go on with this fake economy and the stock bubble

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 01:12 PM

But does it really matter, it's easy to print, print, print, turn away for a second and it just disappears.  If you think about it, if we could all print money we'd all be rich lol!! 

#9 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 02:39 PM

Expect a big down day for tomorrow if the Fed chief says something to the Congress the market does not like  ......................

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 July 2021 - 02:41 PM.

#10 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:03 PM

The Fed getting a second thought about inflation
https://www.cnbc.com...-this-year.html

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 July 2021 - 03:07 PM.