The beauty of being long

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:01 AM

Being long is guaranteed profit. We dont need stops. The only system in the world that works 100% of the time is the indexes like S&P and NDX ending up at new all time highs. Who wants to challenge that?
Anyone?
Any weakness is a buy!!!
I will buy the hell out of new lows tomorrow.

#2 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:50 AM

In the long run you are right, but the holding time to get even can be decades if your timing is really bad.   A well placed stop is the truly unlucky's best friend.

JgTdjAY.png

Regards,

Douglas

#3 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:56 AM

Bla bla bla. Do Fed and Da Treasury are on my side.

#4 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:08 AM

Bears are losers. Let me repeat: bears are losers!!! Stocks can go down. Indexes can not!!

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 08:38 AM

Well since I've been around for over 40 years of trading I have to say bears are not losers.  Most recently the 2000 crash which I called after the Nasdaq topped 5000 and everyone was calling bears losers.  The market not only crashed but went sideways for 15 years so was great for "trading".  Not sure when it will happen again but it will and then people will be saying bulls are losers.  I'm also sure the bull that bought bitcoin at 60,000 is kinda a loser right now lol!! 

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:28 AM

I prefer those 75% profits in one year instead of boring 7%/year over many years.

Jumped in after the crash in March-April 2020 and now out waiting for next crash. 

But no one will envy my tax bill for 2021. It is higher than my wages in any year.

Edited by pdx5, 20 July 2021 - 09:30 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:41 AM

SOX reclaims key 3200 level...if it does not stall out around 3240, and goes up and takes out the potential 3 Drive top formation, could get explosive to the upside.

Back below 3200 again would likely be a big warning now....and could seal in the 3 Drive top....

Edited by K Wave, 21 July 2021 - 08:41 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:52 AM

SOX hourly....could be a big moment of truth coming right up....

sox.png

And as long as that triple spike bottom on FDX holds, market likely not going to sell off real soon....but should that triple bottom get taken out, Look Out Below....

fdx.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#9 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:38 AM

It's time for me to buy some inverse ETS again.

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:25 PM

It's time for me to buy some inverse ETS again.

u gotta lotta company with that idea

https://money.cnn.co...fear-and-greed/