• 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:19 AM

Good explanation about what fuels this trend

#2 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:23 AM

Abundance of money -- That's the only thing that fuels this trend. Enjoy it and embrace it. 

#3 GDA

GDA

• Traders-Talk User
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:02 AM

Meant to say what fuels this obsession with top calling:

"Authors, contributors, and pundits are constantly predicting the next "imminent" stock market catastrophe, and for a simple reason: Doom sells. It's in our nature to gravitate toward it and the reason for the saying in the news business "if it bleeds it leads.

We all know this saying and it's undeniably true that people will tune in and watch longer when the story is sensational and tragic. It also shows up in politics where each side tries to scare the heck out of people by predicting calamity if the other side is elected. For investors, perhaps we should say "if it bleeds, we read" since articles predicting the next imminent crash typically rocket to the top of the "trending" section of Seeking Alpha and stay there for days at a time."

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 10:13 AM

Abundance of money -- That's the only thing that fuels this trend. Enjoy it and embrace it. 

enjoy and embrace it.....yup 675 ono    rememember it well   march 2009......fuel??   :>)

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 10:23 AM

Meant to say what fuels this obsession with top calling:

"Authors, contributors, and pundits are constantly predicting the next "imminent" stock market catastrophe, and for a simple reason: Doom sells. It's in our nature to gravitate toward it and the reason for the saying in the news business "if it bleeds it leads.

We all know this saying and it's undeniably true that people will tune in and watch longer when the story is sensational and tragic. It also shows up in politics where each side tries to scare the heck out of people by predicting calamity if the other side is elected. For investors, perhaps we should say "if it bleeds, we read" since articles predicting the next imminent crash typically rocket to the top of the "trending" section of Seeking Alpha and stay there for days at a time."

It worked in every market CRASH I am familiar with beginning all the way back to 1998 before 2000-2002 dump, it also worked beautifully in 2005-2007 right before Dec 2007 crash. Crashes don't happen in a vacuum., people don't call for them at the bottom. As risk rises more people will call them, and they will be right. It's part of the topping process.

Edited by linrom1, 23 July 2021 - 10:25 AM.

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:23 AM

I do not see any significant top before Halloween. We are in buy the dip mode until then. 

Watch covid news carefully. I am in Florida and covid has spiked here last week. Could be just a temporary thing.

I was at a Sunset Grille on Wednesday having my favorite meal of grilled shrimp and cheesy fries & collard greens.

There were at least 70 customers there but not one person was wearing a mask. Which is OK by me, but could spread covid again.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:11 PM

This is like Japan in 1989 with market and housing top except we don't have 30-years of luxury that BOJ did. They might as well throw all their bonds into Fukushima and no one would notice, FED should try doing that and let's see what happens?

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:33 PM

This is like Japan in 1989 with market and housing top except we don't have 30-years of luxury that BOJ did. They might as well throw all their bonds into Fukushima and no one would notice, FED should try doing that and let's see what happens?

so u changed the subject at hand the stock market ....then you come up with this?   i dont understand.....wats coming is a once in a lifetime event the likes of which the world has never seen before....looking back is a waste of time .....looking forward listening to the markets message will make u rich......675ono

#9 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:06 PM

Everybodys popping the cork already. A few of the big boys have been doing all the work, and they report this week. Earnings will be great but will they be good enough? If one blows it you will see one hell of a quick slam down, cuz so few of them are holding this up.

I'm not calling a top or saying this will be something that won't bounce back, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

https://schrts.co/HMzvdGkm

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 04:52 PM

Everybodys popping the cork already. A few of the big boys have been doing all the work, and they report this week. Earnings will be great but will they be good enough? If one blows it you will see one hell of a quick slam down, cuz so few of them are holding this up.

I'm not calling a top or saying this will be something that won't bounce back, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

https://schrts.co/HMzvdGkm

The bulls are in a stampede mode and will not care if 1 or 2 of the big boys wet their pants. darn the torpedo's, full steam ahead!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule