• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:17 PM

andr99, forests are cleared mainly for farming. Farmers do not plant sand, they plant crops which grow faster than trees and absorb more CO2 than trees. For example a corn planting grows from 0 cm to 2 meters in just 4-5 months. 

And when I built this house 2 years ago, I planted grass which grows so much I have to mow evert 3 days. And look at the forest behind my house!

Backbyard-view.jpg
backyard.jpg
view-from-lanai-2.jpg

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 05:59 PM

forests do like CO2.....but if you cut them.........they have no time to grow up 

Companies who are in the business of harvesting timber from trees, 

plant MORE trees than they harvest.

Also keep in mind earth is 5,000,000,000 years old.

Human climate records are 5,000 years old. In other words we don't have any record of what happened during

99.9999% of climate history.

To extrapolate climate based on 0.0001% data is as foolhardy as it gets.

Doesn't work that way. If the null hypothesis is that the world is getting warmer, all the data we have is from the national weather service back to like 1884, yu would need 10,000 years of data for there to be staistical signifance. You can not confirm or deny the null hypothesis.

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 06:19 PM

Pssst...don't tell anyone, but these so called climate computer models are the same models used to project the cases and deaths of COVID 19 which have failed miserably in their forecasts.

There are only 4 natural phenomenon that create "climate" on the planet: the sun, water vapor, topography and the tilt of the Earth on its axis.

And, to be sure, the creation of thunderstorms by thermal convection have been going on for centuries at the lake.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 06:53 PM

Sadly thousands are dying daily because of the climate of violence and upside down morality.

Our beautiful home from space: LINK

#15 gilford

gilford

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:50 PM

I think its pretty obvious that climate  change  is and will be used to transfer more wealth from the bottom to the top, as always.

That said, living in Austin tx I've seen the summers become so extreme the last decade not to mention the freeze last year.

Can humans fix this? Doubtful. But the 1% will use this "crises" to extract more wealth and power. Like they did with covid. 

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:03 PM

Record Heat in the west is all I have heard this week.

No one remembers this:

Shhh!

Record-Cold-9-9-2020.jpg

#17 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, it's called weather; everybody's talkin' about it, but now they call it "climate events," LOL.

#18 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:07 AM

maybe I should buy home on the mountain around my home town

there are no storms there and people expose a Flag that I like.......OUR OWN FLAG........it belongs to us and to no one else in italy 

Edited by andr99, 29 July 2021 - 05:09 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:33 AM

a flag representing 5 million people and an independent republic that lasted 1 thousand year......which is still in our mind and heart

#20 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:09 AM

buying home there, besides being together with nice people with nice ideals and nice flags, brings the advantage that you don' t have to suffer heat waves in Summer. Today max temperature here where I am is going to be 32 °C. There where I would like to buy, today max temperature is going to be 22 °C. It's always 10 celsius degrees  less than here, at an altitude of just one thousand meters above the sea level..........it's a PARADISE  

Edited by andr99, 29 July 2021 - 06:11 AM.