is it a leader or will it kick in here

i dont know just dont like the action 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 10:06 PM

Is there an "Elephant in the room" named Covid redux?

Seems to be blowing up everywhere.

I'm loading up on toilet paper and Lysol... again.

The risk of the Delta variant is starting to dominate the headlines, with some analysts raising concern about the surge of COVID-19 cases, potential shutdowns, and slower economic growth in the second quarter of the year.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 04 August 2021 - 10:24 PM.

#3 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 05:10 AM

Is there an "Elephant in the room" named Covid redux?

Seems to be blowing up everywhere.

I'm loading up on toilet paper and Lysol... again.

The risk of the Delta variant is starting to dominate the headlines, with some analysts raising concern about the surge of COVID-19 cases, potential shutdowns, and slower economic growth in the second quarter of the year.

Rodger, ist hard to tell when you are kidding or not. Do you expect significant damage to the market from Delta.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:19 AM

Rodger, ist hard to tell when you are kidding or not. Do you expect significant damage to the market from Delta.

I get that a lot. Good humor has a grain of truth in it.

But  my expectations about Covid, are like Dr. Fauci's: worth what you pay for them.  ZERO!

When Vegas opened back up, they were swamped with relieved people ready to party.

That Sunday there was a reported 20 mile traffic jam heading back to California!

But now?

I thought we could see a flare up later this year but it's here now and apparently worse than I though it might be, and with a new variant.

So the masks are on again and there is a dark cloud hanging over us all.

I imagine that this has a cautious effect on the market and that might be the reason that you "just dont like the action".

Dr. Fauci Predicts Up to 200,000 New COVID Cases Per Day By Fall

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 August 2021 - 10:38 AM.

#5 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 12:29 PM

The Delta variant is yesterday's news.  Today's is Lambda.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  blah blah blah

https://www.zerohedg...-more-resistant

Seems that everything has been in a holding pattern most of the year, building energy like a coiled spring and presaging a big move - probably not too far in the future.   But in which direction - and will the inititial move be the true one?

Looks like the dollar is being bought this week.

IWM-USD.png

IWM-GLD.png

GLD.png

GLD-USD.png

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 01:02 PM

Time for another "Holding Pattern".

Long-term-chart.jpg

#7 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 02:25 PM

Time for another "Holding Pattern".

Long-term-chart.jpg

Nice chart, very interesting.

#8 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 04:37 PM

It is an interesting chart, but the meaning (or message) of the green lines is mysterious to me.

It is disconcerting to me that in terms of early 20th century money we appear to be in a holding pattern dating back to the first financial crisis.  What this tells me is that money-printing does not grow the market in real terms, but instead simply transfers all real market growth from the many to the few via destruction of the purchasing power of the people's fiat currency.  It is discouraging that the citizens of this great country have allowed such weakly disquised evil to flourish with reckless abandon for half a century rather than bringing back the guillotines, i.e., applying tried and true (and arguably just) corrective measures way back when, nipping it in the bud.

Holding.png

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:40 PM

Million$ lost in this announcement, Not just ticket sales but hotels, restaurants,etc.:

Garth Brooks considers ending his stadium tour as coronavirus cases rise in the US: 'It breaks my heart'

The country singer's wife, Trisha Yearwood, previously tested positive for COVID-19

Edited by Rogerdodger, 05 August 2021 - 06:42 PM.

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:33 PM

why didnt the market go down in wwii??????LLOL