Risk Windows and OJ

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:19 AM

According to my risk summation system, the days this coming week with the highest risk of a turn in or acceleration of the current trend are Monday August 9th and Wednesday August 11th.

Last week the Monday the 2nd risk window started off good tagging a fairly volatile day that looked like a short term bottom, but the market just stalled and then turned up smartly in the Friday risk window breaking out of the top of a three month long consolidation which should be bullish, if it holds.  The Monday risk window was clearly a dud, and Friday will be too if the DJIA doesn't confirm the breakout and march higher.

IjnSHAL.png

I finally found a way to come to terms with the FED induced super bubble market.  I've started drinking orange juice in the morning instead of coffee.  My buddies down at the investment club think my change in outlook is due to the vitamin C and fructose in the juice, but I know it's the vodka that I mix it with.  Screwdriver, the attitude adjustment breakfast drink.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 02:01 PM

According to my risk summation system, the days this coming week with the highest risk of a turn in or acceleration of the current trend are Monday August 9th and Wednesday August 11th.

Last week the Monday the 2nd risk window started off good tagging a fairly volatile day that looked like a short term bottom, but the market just stalled and then turned up smartly in the Friday risk window breaking out of the top of a three month long consolidation which should be bullish, if it holds.  The Monday risk window was clearly a dud, and Friday will be too if the DJIA doesn't confirm the breakout and march higher.

IjnSHAL.png

I finally found a way to come to terms with the FED induced super bubble market.  I've started drinking orange juice in the morning instead of coffee.  My buddies down at the investment club think my change in outlook is due to the vitamin C and fructose in the juice, but I know it's the vodka that I mix it with.  Screwdriver, the attitude adjustment breakfast drink.

Regards,

Douglas

I find Mimosa's equally effective for my attitude adjustment in mornings. 

For the uninitiated, mimosa is a cocktail made by mixing champagne with OJ. 

Edited by pdx5, 07 August 2021 - 02:05 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 03:47 PM

IjnSHAL.png

Regards,

Douglas

>FED induced super bubble market.<   who told u that....oh yah forgot....watch the sky and 675ono

Edited by da_cheif, 07 August 2021 - 03:49 PM.

#4 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 04:26 PM

How can there be anything wrong with the NDX at 100 grand anyhow.

#5 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 04:41 PM

Don, I constantly watch the sky.  I live in a coastal village overrun by seagulls.  These squawking beasts crap by the cup full while on the wing.  Unless I want to wear it, I better be looking up any time I'm outside.  

Regards,

Douglas

#6 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:21 PM

LMF, according to my very crude back of the bar napkin calculations, at its current rate of ascent, NDX will reach 100,000 in about 2036.  Not that far away really.  If I give up some of my worst habits, I might actually live to see it.  Come to think of it, after much more FED printing, I probably won't be able to afford my favorite worst habits, so it's sort of a good news, bad news situation.  

zHSraU2.png

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 07 August 2021 - 05:25 PM.