WWW tomorrow(Weird Wollie Wednesday)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 08:48 PM

WWW is the wed before the week of options expiration......better known as weird wollie wed...named after the man who discovered the importance of this day....don wolanchuk

I want to see what they do to gold option premiums!

#2 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:05 AM

"Weird Wollie Wednesday", created by Don Wolanchuk, references the Wednesday prior to options expiration. The observation made by Wolanchuk stipulates that this day is made up of manipulated price action which is primarily related to the faster deterioration of options premiums during the week prior to options expiration; many traders are rebalancing and rolling their options forward. Using WWW as a guide, it is not uncommon to see strong moves down in the market place on the Wednesday prior to options expiration week.

Of course I doubt Chief said anything about stuff going down.  

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,571 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 07:50 AM

I've been watching it for a few years now and with all of the different ways to trade options now it hasn't been very reliable. 

#4 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:15 AM

I've been watching it for a few years now and with all of the different ways to trade options now it hasn't been very reliable. 

I was counting on them to run up gold price, with the expectations that we finish lower next week.

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,571 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:40 AM

I was never really a gold bull and the past couple years I've finally flipped that for the millennials bitcoin is the new gold lol!  

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 11:08 AM

This market has become a giant merry-go-round. Rotations-Rotations-Rotations. One day the big brothers in Nasdaq carry the indexes up along with SPX because same big brothers live in SPX as well, next time the DOW is up and Nasdaq down, like today.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,961 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 11:59 AM

"Weird Wollie Wednesday", created by Don Wolanchuk, references the Wednesday prior to options expiration. The observation made by Wolanchuk stipulates that this day is made up of manipulated price action which is primarily related to the faster deterioration of options premiums during the week prior to options expiration; many traders are rebalancing and rolling their options forward. Using WWW as a guide, it is not uncommon to see strong moves down in the market place on the Wednesday prior to options expiration week.

for the same reason i doubt  if bruce wiil ever say anything about stuff going up.......and yet here we are,,,675ONO

#8 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 12:11 PM

for the same reason i doubt  if bruce wiil ever say anything about stuff going up.......and yet here we are,,,675ONO

I technically bought around 675 too you know. :-p  Wasn't the craziest prediction to buy that day, the Fed printers were starting up after all... just like in March 2020 lol. 

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:01 PM

I'm still short from 666.

How could I lose?

LOL!

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,961 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:04 PM

I technically bought around 675 too you know. :-p  Wasn't the craziest prediction to buy that day, the Fed printers were starting up after all... just like in March 2020 lol. 

ya right,,,,lmao