27 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:02 AM

So, I'm back on Covid-watch again.

My concern is that we could be facing large numbers of break-through cases AND hospitalizations among the vaccinated (similar to Israel). I believe that we'll be fine, but I'm pretty sure that if the vaccinated are both spreading and getting more sick from covid, we'll be looking at destructive lock-downs again. Hawaii is already there, I gather.

My opinion is that they will likely create an excuse to take the market down that trumps the excess liquidity sloshing around. This would likely be healthy, but if "the Boyz" decide they want lower prices, we could see something of a fast and ugly decline.

The distribution I'm seeing suggests some are discounting this possibility (or some other bit of bad news).

More as I see it.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:40 AM

is it an ST downwards move that you are waiting for or something bigger ?......in other words......lasting for.....how long ?  thank you 

Edited by andr99, 13 August 2021 - 09:40 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#3 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:02 AM

I live in Florida- about half the people we know have Covid right now or are recovering including my family of 8. 

The cases are way underreported as we took an at home test. 

I started feeling sick on the 27th of July and I am just getting my strength back now little by little. I had a fever for 9 days and then it finally broke last Friday. I can walk around 400 feet, then I have to sit down. I lost around 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I am a unvaccinated, 41 year old, healthy male and it kicked my butt. I am happy that no one in my family had to go to the hospital or worse. It's probably going to take a total of a month or two to get back to full strength. 

Now we have natural immunity, which makes us feel safe, but it's definitely the sickest I've ever been. 

Edited by MikeyG, 13 August 2021 - 11:02 AM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#4 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 01:33 PM

So, I'm back on Covid-watch again.

My concern is that we could be facing large numbers of break-through cases AND hospitalizations among the vaccinated (similar to Israel). I believe that we'll be fine, but I'm pretty sure that if the vaccinated are both spreading and getting more sick from covid, we'll be looking at destructive lock-downs again. Hawaii is already there, I gather.

My opinion is that they will likely create an excuse to take the market down that trumps the excess liquidity sloshing around. This would likely be healthy, but if "the Boyz" decide they want lower prices, we could see something of a fast and ugly decline.

The distribution I'm seeing suggests some are discounting this possibility (or some other bit of bad news).

More as I see it.

Mark

Mark -

what makes you think that the above statement is not already priced into the market ?

( in other words maybe prices would be much higher if we had a " all clear " signal from the pandemic )

#5 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:11 PM

I live in Florida- about half the people we know have Covid right now or are recovering including my family of 8. 

I started feeling sick on the 27th of July and I am just getting my strength back now little by little. I had a fever for 9 days and then it finally broke last Friday. I can walk around 400 feet, then I have to sit down. I lost around 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I am a unvaccinated, 41 year old, healthy male and it kicked my butt. I am happy that no one in my family had to go to the hospital or worse. It's probably going to take a total of a month or two to get back to full strength. 

Now we have natural immunity, which makes us feel safe, but it's definitely the sickest I've ever been. 

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering, but be aware that anywhere from 10% to 30% of young healthy people have relapsing symptoms for over a year and signs of persisting dysfunction in  virtually any organ in the body as well as the Central Nervous System and the Autonomic nervous system.

Also, those who had Covid and received at least one vaccination post infection were better protected than relying on the initial infection to confer immunity. The vaccinations offer strong immunity than the infection alone. I hope you and your loved ones recover well with no consequences. Those with breakthrough infections are far more likely to have very mild symptoms and a greatly reduced likelihood of needing to be hospitalized or die. 

#6 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:30 PM

Time for me to make a terrible trade, overnight only just this one time on the $vix     $26.14. (JMHO)

#7 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:50 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering, but be aware that anywhere from 10% to 30% of young healthy people have relapsing symptoms for over a year and signs of persisting dysfunction in  virtually any organ in the body as well as the Central Nervous System and the Autonomic nervous system.

Also, those who had Covid and received at least one vaccination post infection were better protected than relying on the initial infection to confer immunity. The vaccinations offer strong immunity than the infection alone. I hope you and your loved ones recover well with no consequences. Those with breakthrough infections are far more likely to have very mild symptoms and a greatly reduced likelihood of needing to be hospitalized or die. 

Thanks Claire- I am aware of long Covid symptoms. Based on how I am improving every day I think I will make a full recovery.

BTW- Out Kids recovered really well. My youngest is 4 and he was basically bouncing off couches and walls after 5 days.

Im not here to say pro or anti vax, but if you are older I would say vax.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#8 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 03:04 PM

Time for me to make a terrible trade, overnight only just this one time on the $vix     $26.14. (JMHO)

VXX

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 03:18 PM

but be aware that anywhere from 10% to 30% of young healthy people have relapsing symptoms for over a year and signs of persisting dysfunction in  virtually any organ in the body as well as the Central Nervous System and the Autonomic nervous system.

Claire is right on target. I personally know of young friends in mid-20's, of my daughter, who had a MILD attack of acovid, recovered, and now one has permanent heart damage, and one another has permanent lung damage.

Take the shots. Keep in mind vaccine does not create a shield of armor around you. If there is virus material near you, you will inhale it and test positive. The only function of vaccine is to prepare your body BETTER to fight the virus after it comes in and starts replicating.

Israel example is a proof of this. The vaccine did NOT protect infection, but it cut down serious symptoms and death.

On another important point, VAERS (virus adverse effects reporting system) numbers on any given day compared to total number of jabs received by Americans at the same time period compute to 0.003% people with adverse effects. In other words the vaccines are 99.997% safe based on ACTUAL data.

Edited by pdx5, 13 August 2021 - 03:19 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:40 PM

Mark,

My wife has it and she caught it from her vaccinated Father!   She was a train wreck the first day.  Second day her fever was 102 and she went to ER and they gave her "the IV Infusion."  Next day she felt a little better and day after that (TODAY) she sounds like her old self on the phone.  I won't see her for another week so I got no exposure, she's in the next state over visiting family and guess what, the whole house has it.   This Delta strain is no joke.  By the way, her 73 year old Father is in the hospital on oxygen.  He is not good but he had a triple bypass a few years ago so this is to be expected.  Still, he got vaccinated and thought he was impervious to any covid virus.  That's what I am afraid of, the vaxed folks feel invincible.

Neither she nor I are vaccinated and don't plan to.  

KT