My FF: Down Next Week

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 05:13 PM

Index futures gaped down at the open. But I don't think it's triggered by the collapse of Afghan government, it's something else.  Let's see how this will morph into the mid of the week ..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 15 August 2021 - 05:15 PM.

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 10:07 AM

Just took the profit on my short positions.  I expect the first dip will be bought as usual  ....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 16 August 2021 - 10:08 AM.

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 11:12 AM

Too bad, I was listening until you said "final top", gotta quit saying that.  I think the market is setting up for something as we approach the fall trading period!  At the least volatility is going to return.  I'm selling more and more September calls all the time!

#14 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 02:19 PM

Just took the profit on my short positions.  I expect the first dip will be bought as usual  ....................

You are so right!  I apologize for not posting this in real time but I got bogged down with several things at once.  This morning I exited my QQQ put options and made 19% on the trade.  I'm pleased I didn't hesitate and exited quickly.  Had I held out for more selloff my profits would be at a loss now due to the Buy the Dip action!  

* Note to self (and this has worked well, as I am two-4-two this year in option trades, PUTS)..... Exit profitable positions immediately on morning plunges, do not be greedy or you'll end up a LOSER!  

#15 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 03:35 PM

You are so right!  I apologize for not posting this in real time but I got bogged down with several things at once.  This morning I exited my QQQ put options and made 19% on the trade.  I'm pleased I didn't hesitate and exited quickly.  Had I held out for more selloff my profits would be at a loss now due to the Buy the Dip action!  

* Note to self (and this has worked well, as I am two-4-two this year in option trades, PUTS)..... Exit profitable positions immediately on morning plunges, do not be greedy or you'll end up a LOSER!  

It's nice to see volatility came back, and I expect to see more dips like this from now on into Sept and Oct. season .......................

#16 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:45 AM

It's nice to see volatility came back, and I expect to see more dips like this from now on into Sept and Oct. season .......................

agree on that except I don't think this is real volatility yet, need to see -2% swings for real volatility.  Been awhile since I've made a 100 point down move, now there just little and grinding higher on no volume or breadth.  Wish it would just get it over with so I could go long again lol!!! 

#17 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 11:02 AM

The Fed chief is to speak in about a hour, as usual he is likely to say something to calm down the market.........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 17 August 2021 - 11:12 AM.

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 03:18 PM

Watch this for tomorrow's market:  FOMC  Meeting Minutes out 2 pm tomorrow............................................

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:50 AM

So this may be a typical "Sell the (negative) rumor and Buy the news" scenario, but let's see after 2 pm  ............................

Edited by redfoliage2, 18 August 2021 - 08:52 AM.

#20 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:54 AM

From his speech yesterday we should expect what he will say at the Jackson Hole meeting
https://www.google.c...-173042344.html

I see he will indicate that the current Fed monetary policies will continue .

Edited by redfoliage2, 18 August 2021 - 09:55 AM.