chinese central bank......bitcoin forbidden

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:22 AM

bitcoin is no longer allowed in china as form of paymnent......so no money transactions are allowed in china with that crypto currency. Once in a while even a communist government does something smart

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:34 AM

Once in a while even a communist government does something smart

Careful...oxymoron's like this sentence tend to be self defeating.

Suggest you look up "digital Yuan" as a start....using DuckDuckGo as a search engine will also prove to be advantageous.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:39 AM

Hasn't the Chinese government taken this action multiple times to no avail? As crypto's were intended, governments cannot control them.

China Declares All Virtual Currency Transactions "Illegal"

Then there are those who suggest that such attempts to ban bitcoin will only further streghten it showing its resilience and ability to withstand sovereign pressure. Back in July, after another similar crackdown by China, Alyse Killeen, founder and managing partner of bitcoin-focused venture firm Stillmark, told CNBC that this whole conversation may be a moot point, as a government’s capacity to effect a bitcoin ban will only continue to erode over time.

“I’d expect this type of news to have less of an impact on bitcoin’s exchange rate than it has historically,” she said. “It’s also true that there has been some level of industry inoculation to this news – bitcoin has been banned many times in many geographies, and yet today adoption is outpacing internet adoption at a similar lifecycle stage.”

Edited by Chilidawgz, 24 September 2021 - 07:44 AM.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:06 AM

….this whole conversation may be a moot point, as a government’s capacity to effect a bitcoin ban will only continue to erode over time.

Not when the government itself has complete access control on what you say and do, no less, how you live.

With Communist Governments there’s always an ulterior motive to keep their unyielding grip on the throats of its people.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:25 PM

keep their unyielding grip on the throats of its people

Like MANDATES? You got 'em.

So much for land "Land Of The Free"

US sinks to new low in rankings of world's democracies

Slipped 11 points in a decade, even below Argentina and Mongolia.

USA rated 53rd out of 84 among "free" countries.

I guess this needs to be updated, to say the least:

"The United States is a federal republic whose people benefit from a vibrant political system, a strong rule-of-law tradition, robust freedoms of expression"

Unless you say the wrong word and get cancelled and can no longer hold a job or eat.

Rosanne, Ellen, Chrissy, Matt Damon, Johnny Depp, Demi Lovato, Erika Jayne, Sia, J.K. Rowling, Kirstie Alley, Bryan Adams, Chris Pratt, and every funny comedian....

Give 'em a fair trial and then hang 'em.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 September 2021 - 05:38 PM.

#6 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 01:36 AM

Rodgerdodger, the US is an aristocracy masquerading as a democracy.  How can the 92% of Americans who are not millionaires possibly be properly represented by 100 senators who are virtually all millionaires?  These senators don't have a clue what it's like for the many millions of Americans who work 40 hours a week at some crappy job with even crappier pay who can't even afford the basics.  How can struggling young working Americans possibly be properly represented by geriatric  House leading members who spent their whole life in government and haven't had a real job in living memory?  I'm guessing all the government handouts which fill the gap are the only thing that's keeping this charade going and avoids a hoard of pitchfork carrying miscreants from descending on Washington which would make the little January 6th soiree look like a Sunday picnic.  You basically have a government of the wealthy working for the wealthy throwing just enough crumbs to the masses to stave off out and out rebellion.  Nothing which could upset this apple cart will be allowed for long and that includes cryptocurrency or wide open free speech on the internet.  Remember your Orwell - "freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength". 

Regards,

Douglas

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 10:42 AM

Stablecoins in Spotlight as USA Begins to Lay Ground for Rules on Crypto...

The Federal Reserve is trying to figure out how to keep cash relevant in a cashless world. It’s considering digitizing the U.S. dollar, giving people money they can access on their phone and bypassing electronic payments that can be slow and costly for businesses.

Douglass: They go to Washington to do good; They do very well.

Benjamin Franklin, ever the optimist even at the age of 81, gave what was for him a remarkably restrained assessment in his final speech before the Constitutional Convention: "…when you assemble a number of men to have the advantage of their joint wisdom, you inevitably assemble with those men, all their prejudices, their passions, their errors of opinion, their local interests, and their selfish views." He thought it impossible to expect a "perfect production" from such a gathering, but he believed that the Constitution they had just drafted, "with all its faults," was better than any alternative that was likely to emerge.

When Benjamin Franklin was asked after a session of the Constitutional Convention, ""What kind of a government have you given us?"" he replied, ""A democracy, if you can keep it."" Our republic is founded on the principle that it will continue only as long as the people keep democracy alive.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 September 2021 - 10:51 AM.

#8 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:11 AM

"The Federal Reserve is trying to figure out how to keep cash relevant in a cashless world. It’s considering digitizing the U.S. dollar, giving people money they can access on their phone and bypassing electronic payments that can be slow and costly for businesses."

Jim Bianco was talking this point. He said that if the FED creates a digital dollar it would damage or destroy the banking system as we know it. Banks keeping your funds would be irrelevant.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#9 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 08:46 AM

Rodgerdodger, the US is an aristocracy masquerading as a democracy.  How can the 92% of Americans who are not millionaires possibly be properly represented by 100 senators who are virtually all millionaires?  These senators don't have a clue what it's like for the many millions of Americans who work 40 hours a week at some crappy job with even crappier pay who can't even afford the basics.  How can struggling young working Americans possibly be properly represented by geriatric  House leading members who spent their whole life in government and haven't had a real job in living memory?  I'm guessing all the government handouts which fill the gap are the only thing that's keeping this charade going and avoids a hoard of pitchfork carrying miscreants from descending on Washington which would make the little January 6th soiree look like a Sunday picnic.  You basically have a government of the wealthy working for the wealthy throwing just enough crumbs to the masses to stave off out and out rebellion.  Nothing which could upset this apple cart will be allowed for long and that includes cryptocurrency or wide open free speech on the internet.  Remember your Orwell - "freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength". 

Regards,

Douglas

So totally agree same as up here in Canada.  The government is clueless!! 

#10 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 01:09 PM

12SPX, the folks that I met when I worked up there in the great white north were so polite that I can't ever see them storming Parliament Hill in Ottawa.  Politest people I've ever had to deal with, apologized to me even when something was clearly my fault.  I remember bumping into some poor soul in a Tim Horton's making him spill his coffee and he quickly said sorry when I was obviously the one with two left feet.  Yanks down south are a completely different matter.  I've had guns pointed at me more than once down in Texas just for cutting some one off in traffic.  

Regards,

Douglas