OT ....brandon of the nba

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:01 PM

This information may be of interest to those who have had Covid and recovered with no obvious damage to their health.  The information about post-viral or long-haul physical damage appears to be even more serious than formerly thought.  Not only do 50% of people suffer some symptoms post-Covid, but for many, there is more subtle damage that can lead to diminished functioning in the future.

Not mentioned in this article are other findings such as lowered kidney function that may predict future poor kidney function or kidney failure for which people are asymptomatic until they aren't. This applies to the functioning of the heart, lungs, other organs, including the brain, as well as metabolic diseases.

"The research team noted that these long-term health conditions may cause increased demand for medical care and could overwhelm health care systems." Also noted, "The mechanisms by which COVID-19 causes lingering symptoms in survivors are not fully understood. These symptoms could result from immune-system overdrive triggered by the virus, lingering infection, reinfection or an increased production of autoantibodies (antibodies directed at their own tissues). The SARS-CoV-2 virus, the agent that causes COVID-19, can access, enter and live in the nervous system."

Don't assume you know more than you do. 

https://www.mdlinx.c...zrn-l2aLY1FO_iU

#12 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:26 PM

Hmmmmm okay here are some real facts.  Myself and 4 friends all got Covid last November.  4 of us barely had symptoms, one guy who was out of shape and had an "inflated bmi" (according to the CDC) got kinda sick and lasted a couple weeks!  We have all recovered fully and all 5 of us were just tested for antibodies and we are all full load with them....  I also know 28 other closer friends who got it and only one other guy kinda got sick.  In total I know 67 people who have had it with no ill effects and 1 who got kinda sick there.  I also know 4 nurses and 2 of them are quitting and 1 retiring because of forced mandates.  Yes there are people who get sick and have lingering effects but way less then you think!!  The elderly and health compromised should be vaxxed and maybe the 78.8% of people who had "inflated bmis" according to the CDC who died from Covid should have gotten it.  Out of 600,000 deaths that only leaves 127,200 other people and if you take out the elderly, what pandemic......

#13 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:40 PM

Hmmmmm okay here are some real facts.  Myself and 4 friends all got Covid last November.  4 of us barely had symptoms, one guy who was out of shape and had an "inflated bmi" (according to the CDC) got kinda sick and lasted a couple weeks!  We have all recovered fully and all 5 of us were just tested for antibodies and we are all full load with them....  I also know 28 other closer friends who got it and only one other guy kinda got sick.  In total I know 67 people who have had it with no ill effects and 1 who got kinda sick there.  I also know 4 nurses and 2 of them are quitting and 1 retiring because of forced mandates.  Yes there are people who get sick and have lingering effects but way less then you think!!  The elderly and health compromised should be vaxxed and maybe the 78.8% of people who had "inflated bmis" according to the CDC who died from Covid should have gotten it.  Out of 600,000 deaths that only leaves 127,200 other people and if you take out the elderly, what pandemic......

I don't think you considered all the details of my post. Many effects may be sub-rosa and not be manifest for a long time if the damage is subtle. Lab tests can show normal function and not produce abnormal results or findings that are out of range. While it's been established that those with pre-existing condition and the elderly are more vulnerable, there are differences in the immune system of healthy people that may make them vulnerable too. Many young and healthy people have had severe illness and died too.

It's fairly recent that large-scale studies have been done to look at the longer-term consequences of Covid. Early in the pandemic, many people were citing "evidence" of it being a minor illness for the same reasons you posit, i.e., that they know so few people who have had Covid and they use no safety measures or protections. Therefore, it's nothing to worry about.

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 01:52 PM

Many effects may be sub-rosa and not be manifest for a long time if the damage is subtle.

Lab tests can show normal function and not produce abnormal results or findings that are out of range.

"Ay...there's the rub", ladies and gentlemen, as these two sentences can be directly applied to both sides of this discussion.

Hamlet said it best in his soliloquy....I always appreciated this modern English translation:

To live, or to die? That is the question.

Is it nobler to suffer through all the terrible things

fate throws at you, or to fight off your troubles,

and, in doing so, end them completely?

To die, to sleep—because that’s all dying is—

and by a sleep I mean an end to all the heartache

and the thousand injuries that we are vulnerable to—

that’s an end to be wished for!

To die, to sleep. To sleep, perhaps to dream—yes,

but there’s the catch. Because the kinds of

dreams that might come in that sleep of death—

after you have left behind your mortal body—

are something to make you anxious!

That’s the consideration that makes us suffer

the calamities of life for so long.

Because who would bear all the trials and tribulations of time—

the oppression of the powerful, the insults from arrogant men,

the pangs of unrequited love, the slowness of justice,

the disrespect of people in office,

and the general abuse of good people by bad—

when you could just settle all your debts

using nothing more than an unsheathed dagger?

Who would bear his burdens, and grunt

and sweat through a tiring life, if they weren’t frightened

of what might happen after death—

that undiscovered country from which no visitor returns,

which we wonder about and which makes us

prefer the troubles we know rather than fly off

to face the ones we don’t?

Thus, the fear of death makes us all cowards, and our natural

willingness to act is made weak by too much thinking.

Actions of great urgency and importance

get thrown off course because of this sort of thinking,

and they cease to be actions at all.

In this vein, the play is always the same...only the players change over time.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 15 October 2021 - 01:54 PM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 02:21 PM

Many effects may be sub-rosa and not be manifest for a long time if the damage is subtle.

Lab tests can show normal function and not produce abnormal results or findings that are out of range.

"Ay...there's the rub", ladies and gentlemen, as these two sentences can be directly applied to both sides of this discussion.

Hamlet said it best in his soliloquy....I always appreciated this modern English translation:

To live, or to die? That is the question.

Is it nobler to suffer through all the terrible things

fate throws at you, or to fight off your troubles,

and, in doing so, end them completely?

To die, to sleep—because that’s all dying is—

and by a sleep I mean an end to all the heartache

and the thousand injuries that we are vulnerable to—

that’s an end to be wished for!

To die, to sleep. To sleep, perhaps to dream—yes,

but there’s the catch. Because the kinds of

dreams that might come in that sleep of death—

after you have left behind your mortal body—

are something to make you anxious!

That’s the consideration that makes us suffer

the calamities of life for so long.

Because who would bear all the trials and tribulations of time—

the oppression of the powerful, the insults from arrogant men,

the pangs of unrequited love, the slowness of justice,

the disrespect of people in office,

and the general abuse of good people by bad—

when you could just settle all your debts

using nothing more than an unsheathed dagger?

Who would bear his burdens, and grunt

and sweat through a tiring life, if they weren’t frightened

of what might happen after death—

that undiscovered country from which no visitor returns,

which we wonder about and which makes us

prefer the troubles we know rather than fly off

to face the ones we don’t?

Thus, the fear of death makes us all cowards, and our natural

willingness to act is made weak by too much thinking.

Actions of great urgency and importance

get thrown off course because of this sort of thinking,

and they cease to be actions at all.

In this vein, the play is always the same...only the players change over time.

Fib

good one......that is the real truth.....

#16 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 06:01 PM

he got the mandated vax and now has clots

https://thecovidworl...vid-19-vaccine/

Want some data? Out of 40 million cases of those receiving the AstraZeneca  or Pfizer vaccine, 66 people may have suffered from blood clots, however, 12,614 people had blood clots from a Covid Infection. Pretty good odds.

There are similar outcomes comparing those with Covid and those who had other serious side-effect to the vaccine such as strokes, heart attacks, severe damage to the lungs, kidneys, new onset Diabetes, and a host of other life-altering serious damage to the body. 

If you want to alarm people, mention all these cases as well as the many children orphaned after both parents died from Covid or may have been permanently disabled and with a reduced life expectancy.

I can't thank you enough for beibg the voice of sanity during the Covid Pandemic'

#17 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

The next phase of the pandemic will be a pandemic of the vaccinated as the protection wears off. States with lower vaccine rates and more natural immunity will see cases continue to decline. The question then becomes what does the government do next? Unless you are willing to a get a shot every 6-8 months for life, you are going to get Covid at some point. Could be harsh, could be mild. Personal health will be key.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#18 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:52 PM

The next phase of the pandemic will be a pandemic of the vaccinated as the protection wears off. States with lower vaccine rates and more natural immunity will see cases continue to decline. The question then becomes what does the government do next? Unless you are willing to a get a shot every 6-8 months for life, you are going to get Covid at some point. Could be harsh, could be mild. Personal health will be key.

Ditto with annual influenza, Pneumonia, and a myriad of other ongoing diseases. We are advised to get flu shots EVERY YEAR.

So where is the BIG DEAL with covid shots every year? I have no data or concrete personal experience with covid vaccines to determine if those really are effective in creating anti-bodies. I have never bothered to check my anti-body levels for covid.

But what I can say for sure, based on my personal experience with 2 shots of Moderna vaccines, and the experience of 6 other close family members, that these vaccines are a big nothing burger in creating adverse side effects. It has been 8+ months since our jabs, and absolutely no side effects to any one of us. Keep in mind I am age 81 and my wife is Medicare age with stage-4 cancer. She had over 60 chemo treatments, dozens of radiation treatments, and many cancer related surgeries. Her immune system is badly compromised. If she can handle these covid vaccines with BIG FAT ZERO ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS, I must conclude these covid vaccines area nothing burger. But I enjoyed my  Caribbean cruise this September and upcoming vacation in Hawaii, both of which would be not possible without the original vaccination certificate.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#19 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:06 PM

Ditto with annual influenza, Pneumonia, and a myriad of other ongoing diseases. We are advised to get flu shots EVERY YEAR.

So where is the BIG DEAL with covid shots every year? I have no data or concrete personal experience with covid vaccines to determine if those really are effective in creating anti-bodies. I have never bothered to check my anti-body levels for covid.

But what I can say for sure, based on my personal experience with 2 shots of Moderna vaccines, and the experience of 6 other close family members, that these vaccines are a big nothing burger in creating adverse side effects. It has been 8+ months since our jabs, and absolutely no side effects to any one of us. Keep in mind I am age 81 and my wife is Medicare age with stage-4 cancer. She had over 60 chemo treatments, dozens of radiation treatments, and many cancer related surgeries. Her immune system is badly compromised. If she can handle these covid vaccines with BIG FAT ZERO ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS, I must conclude these covid vaccines area nothing burger. But I enjoyed my  Caribbean cruise this September and upcoming vacation in Hawaii, both of which would be not possible without the original vaccination certificate.

Good for you, pdx5, and I'm glad you received the Moderna Vax. That one offers the longest lasting protection. 

#20 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 12:36 AM

Ditto with annual influenza

That's because there's different strains and variants of influenza every year that are "anticipated" but these educated guesses are never full proof. (no mandates)

Pneumonia 

Only two are given to those over 65...the first one is for a list of 13 bacterium, the second one is given a year later for the 23 others. (no mandates)

a myriad of other ongoing diseases

Such as? (again...with no mandates)

So where (what) is the BIG DEAL with covid shots every year?

It all has to do with experimental genetic therapy and not the tried and true proteins which take several years to develop. (and forcing you to take it without regard to personal choice)

Fib

P.S. Asking again: What cruise line did you take? Did they separate those on board who took the vaccine from those who didn't? Did you have to wear your masks outside of your room?

Edited by fib_1618, 16 October 2021 - 12:38 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions