OT Ivermectin

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:21 PM

One question was about a source for the statement that those who are vaccinated are also less likely to develop robust natural immunity after a breakthrough case. There is no confirmed evidence for this claim.

For another post: "How about a couple. Lots of RCT's (the gold standard of science) DO.

Here's a link to EVERY study of ivermectin for covid. Read them yourself.

https://c19ivermectin.com/""

Did you look at the sources and details for these studies? And did you read the abstracts?  The list includes: Many very small studies, many without statistical significance, preprints, observational studies, surveys, opinion pieces, those stating the potential use, in-vitro studies, etc., and none published in a prestigious journal. Also, there's no link to the details of the studies showing the methods and analysis.

It may seem impressive when there's a long list of what sounds scientific and professional. These fit the criticism that justify the conclusion that there are only lower quality so-called studies that have positive finding which have not be replicated by a plethora of studies that are well-controlled and meet acceptable scientific criteria. Many of the studies on that list are filled with egregious flaws and misleading information.

For one on that list, a team in Egypt compared patients who did and didn't receive ivermectin, but for the latter group, they included deaths that occured before the study began. The lead author defended the paper in an email, claiming that the withdrawal took place without his knowledge.

For another one on that list, researchers in Argentina said they recruited subjects from hospitals that had no record of having participated in the research. Later, they blamed the "mistakes" on a statistician who claimed never to have been consulted.

It's very easy to be misled, especially when dealing with complex scientific issues. 

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 10:19 PM

my first RX for ivermetin that i filled at a kroger pharmacy    7 bux ran out in jan 2020.....when i went back to my doctor for a refill he refused.....saying its not approved by the fda for covid.......needless to say i found another doctor......i keep about 160 tablets on hand,.....havent needed them yet    .......its the vaccinated around here who are sick.......sheeple around here actually think that masks are a defense......when i tellem that viruses are so small that they go thru masks like crap thru a goose they think i dont know what im talking about.......CNN dumped  CUOMO tonite indefinately   kroger pharma sed the demand is high and they keep a lot in stock

Edited by da_cheif, 30 November 2021 - 10:28 PM.

#13 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:59 AM

Masks are not a defense, they help keeping U from spreading viruses. Yes there is a virus.

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#14 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:47 PM

One question was about a source for the statement that those who are vaccinated are also less likely to develop robust natural immunity after a breakthrough case. There is no confirmed evidence for this claim.

For another post: "How about a couple. Lots of RCT's (the gold standard of science) DO.

Here's a link to EVERY study of ivermectin for covid. Read them yourself.

https://c19ivermectin.com/""

Did you look at the sources and details for these studies? And did you read the abstracts?  The list includes: Many very small studies, many without statistical significance, preprints, observational studies, surveys, opinion pieces, those stating the potential use, in-vitro studies, etc., and none published in a prestigious journal. Also, there's no link to the details of the studies showing the methods and analysis.

It may seem impressive when there's a long list of what sounds scientific and professional. These fit the criticism that justify the conclusion that there are only lower quality so-called studies that have positive finding which have not be replicated by a plethora of studies that are well-controlled and meet acceptable scientific criteria. Many of the studies on that list are filled with egregious flaws and misleading information.

For one on that list, a team in Egypt compared patients who did and didn't receive ivermectin, but for the latter group, they included deaths that occured before the study began. The lead author defended the paper in an email, claiming that the withdrawal took place without his knowledge.

For another one on that list, researchers in Argentina said they recruited subjects from hospitals that had no record of having participated in the research. Later, they blamed the "mistakes" on a statistician who claimed never to have been consulted.

It's very easy to be misled, especially when dealing with complex scientific issues. 

That's ALL the studies. If you want the meat, just stick with the RCT's. What do those say to you?

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:48 PM

Masks are not a defense, they help keeping U from spreading viruses. Yes there is a virus.

They really can't. Aersolized virus is far too small. That's why the only RCT's for mask use show virtually no utility.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#16 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:30 PM

They really can't. Aersolized virus is far too small. That's why the only RCT's for mask use show virtually no utility.

Guess you'd let a surgeon operate on you without one then.

Edited by bigtrader, 01 December 2021 - 02:36 PM.

#17 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:48 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...e01509-0009.pdf

#18 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:50 PM

Of course everything plastered on the internet is true.

GL

#19 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:57 PM

So you're saying the National Center for Biotechnology Information is a conspiracy site?

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:21 PM

Guess you'd let a surgeon operate on you without one then.

They're great for bacteria and spittle. Large droplets they're helpful with. Aerosolized respiratory virus, not so much. If your doctor thinks they have utility for such, I'd advise getting a new doctor.

This may help you get your head around the physics.

https://www.yummymat...NhfTRjVti9iZK4A

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here: