OT Ivermectin

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:58 PM

The latest on mask effectiveness came out about 3 weeks ago from the CATO Institute:

Summary:

"Of 16 randomized controlled trials comparing mask effectiveness to controls with no masks, 14 failed to find a statistically significant benefit, the researchers said. And of 16 quantitative meta-analyses, half showed weak evidence of mask effectiveness while the others were “were equivocal or critical as to whether evidence supports a public recommendation of masks,” they added.

“The biggest takeaway is that more than 100 years of attempts to prove that masks are beneficial has produced a large volume of mostly low-quality evidence that has generally failed to demonstrate their value in most settings,” Dr. Jonathan Darrow, an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School."

Here's the working paper for everyone's review: https://tinyurl.com/y2qgm63f

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#22 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:00 PM

Masks are not a defense, they help keeping U from spreading viruses. Yes there is a virus.

I can only tell my experience. For almost a year I wore a mask ,distanced myself and washed my hands. I did not get the virus and I had no plays on getting the vaccine. I even had an argument with a friends wife who works for Merck where she told me I was being selfish for not getting a shot. What changed? Last January my youngest sister had a super bowl party, which I did not attend. But my brother I live with did. I saw him for about an hour at our apt the next day, I was not wearing a mask. The following day my sister tells him everyone is calling her saying they are sick. I was in bed for about 2 weeks lost about 15 pounds. Till this day, almost a year, my brother and my nice, who did not attend the party, have lost there sense of taste and smell.

I am now fully vaccinated. Still debating the booster shot. I try to stay open minded and when the facts change through my experiences I change. This has split my family and the country right down the middle.

#23 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:03 PM

MDurkin, thanks for sharing your story, but before you get too comfortable and feel that you're protected from anything, you may want to review this study recently released by The Lancet: https://www.thelance...0258-1/fulltext .

#24 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 10:33 PM

MDurkin, thanks for sharing your story, but before you get too comfortable and feel that you're protected from anything, you may want to review this study recently released by The Lancet: https://www.thelance...0258-1/fulltext .

You have missed the point. For every report there is a counter report.  My older brother has been in a wheel chair for almost 50 years. He was one of the first to get vaccinated. He has been in and out of the hospital's maybe 40 times in the last 2 years and has not contracted the virus. Nurses coming in daily to his house. His next store neighbor just came out of a 7 day stay after catching the virus at work . His wife told me that she and there 2 children are vaccinated he was not. They did not catch it- he went into the hospital.

#25 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 10:47 PM

I don't think I missed the point. This is an odds game, just like trading, and certainly at least as complex. The Lancet report is based on epidemiological data presented as rates per 100,000 in large populations, not a few individual anecdotes. The data clearly show that the jabs are simply not working and are actually often worse than nothing. The Diamond Princess only had an 19% infection rate well before the jabs were available. Husbands caught it while wives didn't and vice versa. This most likely indicates innate immunity is much higher than we've been told. Comorbidities are of huge significance as well which makes anecdotes irrelevant as even a data point.

#26 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 11:34 PM

I take all of this mask business very seriously.

I always wear the only mask that works.

And I insisted that my Thanksgiving guests did the same.

Only the turkey didn't wear one... since his head was missing.

But we did check it's temperature, just to be safe!

Of course with this hood on, I don't have a clue what it tasted like, but we were all safe.

turkey-hoods.jpg

Now I can't wait for Christmas dinner!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 December 2021 - 11:46 PM.