BIG DROP (aka CRASH) unless PP & BULLS can hold SPX 4500

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#111 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:11 PM

I see this is a classic move of the market in such a situation.   Should be higher later in the day.  For the next week it's likely to see new highs ........................

Now with the road almost cleared (debt limit, MOM lower CPI a relief for the Fed, and the pandemic with the mild strain Omicron takeover outlook) I see Santa will take SPX to 4800 before the end of the year .........................

Regarding inflation my analysis indicates CPI is slowing down and Month-over-month CPI data was peaked and  is likely to be further lower for next data release.  Forget about YOY CPI it's useless in predicting trend.  Just a hot topic for talking heads   ...............

Some profit taking in the afternoon is okay, and it does not change my view that the market will be higher Monday and next week as SPX charts (both hourly and daily) are displaying bullish flags ....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 December 2021 - 03:14 PM.

#112 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:28 PM

Will close 1 ES HEDGE LONG if it achieves a 25 point profit when ES trades above 4693

Banking it .... 

28 ES PUTS

2nd es hedge long  march 2022 contract

rolled first hedge long also to march 2022 contract

24 SPY PUTS -- almost fully hedged

will add more on rallies

closed all crude shorts

will open new VXX CALL position below VXX 20

Closed 5 SPY PUTS 

Banking pennies ... 

Holding 24 & 1 ES HEDGE LONG

Will buy more above 469 0r 470 if traded

Closed 5 QQQ PUTS  near low of day, just over $450. 

Stunned by this sharp drop in NQ! 

May close these QQQ PUTS, bank it in December has been one of my very beneficial trading rule! 

Bought 5 QQQ PUTS
new QQQ PUTS position

all OPTIONS are FEB or later, IN THE MONEY, I pay the extra premium, lessons learned from more than 2 decades of OPTIONS trading

Will add more above QQQ 403 ... . and more above 406 etc 

Unhedged but will add extra lot to NQ long trades, I may open a hedge NQ long before market closes if I hold more than 15 QQQ PUTS

Most likely remain unhedged for a while

Will add to SPY PUTS above 472 ... and higher if traded

4686.25 reopened

Closing ES HEDGE LONG  +25.5 points
Bank that now, the PUTS will take care of themselves late in December or next year. 
Will reopen  ES HEDGE LONG later or tomorrow or ...

ES HEDGE LONG  4676   reluctantly but system says so... risk off  in December
29 SPY PUTS
4 CRUDE short
nibbling in CRUDE

Record NQ DAYTRADE profit for 2021: 1247 points.

Losses in Unhedged 22 SPY PUTS as I built this position gradually during the day

Profits in QQQ CALLS, CLOSED ALL, just a few.

Fantastic day, huge NQ DAILY CANDLE, UP UP UP for most of the day. Trading is never easy but today NQ was quite enjoyable to trade, especially with unhedged SPY PUTS.

I see this is a classic move of the market in such a situation.   Should be higher later in the day.  For the next week it's likely to see new highs ........................

#113 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:53 PM

closed 2nd ES hedge long +27.5 points

naked 29 SPY PUTS

Flat everything else