• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 09:37 PM

Based on 2,246 unvaccinated volunteers at high risk of severe disease

The latest data released Tuesday show that Pfizer’s anti-COVID pill, Paxlovid, is 89 percent effective at preventing hospitalizations and deaths,

The New York Times reported.

The drugmaker also said that its antiviral pill worked in laboratory studies against the omicron variant. Pfizer has asked the Food and Drug Administration to authorize Paxlovid. "It is a game changer," Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla told ABC News. "But at the same time, I want to emphasize that no one should use the existence of the pill as an excuse to avoid vaccination." The company said that the pill works best if given within three days of the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, according to the Times. The results were based on an analysis of 2,246 unvaccinated volunteers at high risk of severe disease.

#2 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 11:43 PM

Probably avoid hospital now, super cancer 5 years later. 

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:29 AM

Probably avoid hospital now, super cancer 5 years later.

I am old enough to die now!

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. PS 90:10

But if I am still alive in 5 years, I may regret it. swoon.gif

In those days people will want to die, but they will not be able to. They will hope for death, but it will escape from them. Rev 9:6

But just in case I do make it another decade, I am loading up on DEPENDS now!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 December 2021 - 01:32 AM.

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,458 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 09:32 AM

I've told my kids they owe me at least 2000 diaper changes lol!!  I'm planning to be like my tennis friends and keep playing to over 100, amazing to watch gotta say!!  Ya with everything going on with treatments there is no reason to see mass hospitalizations right now!! 

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:29 PM

Roger Dodger is correct. Worry about death now from covid. Do not worry about POSSIBLE death 5 years from now.

If you die now, no need to worry about what MAY HAPPEN in 5 years.

236 MILLION Americans have already received covid vaccine. If they all get cancer in  5 years, there will be no more USA, and it will not matter if you are vaccinated or took the pill. The country will cease to exist, along with

ALL other first world countries, since EVERY ONE of them is heavily vaccinated ALREADY.

So do not become paranoid about 5 years in future based on ZERO EVIDENCE. 

Edited by pdx5, 15 December 2021 - 12:30 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:35 PM

I'm already vaccinated because of work, but I'm a healthy barely middle aged guy so COVID wasn't a big worry for me. When I did get it, twice, it was really mild, basically achy. Once before any shot and once after one Pfizer. Had a weird reaction to that one (numb side of face for 2 weeks) so went with J&J and that was a lot more like a normal vaccine in how I reacted. 

Edited by brucekeller, 15 December 2021 - 12:36 PM.

#7 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:52 PM

I'm already vaccinated because of work, but I'm a healthy barely middle aged guy so COVID wasn't a big worry for me. When I did get it, twice, it was really mild, basically achy. Once before any shot and once after one Pfizer. Had a weird reaction to that one (numb side of face for 2 weeks) so went with J&J and that was a lot more like a normal vaccine in how I reacted. 

I am age 81 and never was worried about covid either because I exercise daily at a nearby gym. Honestly, I am in better shape now than when I retired at age 59.

But my wife is fighting advanced cancer for 4 years now, and I got vaccinated to minimize chances of symptomatic infection, and bring the virus home. A month ago we both got the booster 3rd shot. No side effects from any shots except sore shoulder for a day or 2. 

I should also add, we have already taken in 2 cruises since last September, and booked 2 more, one in January 2022 and another in February 2022 with our grown kids and their mates. All of us are fully vaccinated, and no one has come down with covid symptoms. 

Edited by pdx5, 15 December 2021 - 12:56 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:53 PM

I'm planning to be like my tennis friends and keep playing to over 100

I get tired just watching tennis! yes.gif

I used to play golf with this old guy.

I could out drive him every time... but he often beat me because he stayed in the fairway while I was in the woods looking for the ball!

That's my plan! Stay in the fairway.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:05 PM

I'm planning to be like my tennis friends and keep playing to over 100

I get tired just watching tennis! yes.gif

I used to play golf with this old guy.

I could out drive him every time... but he often beat me because he stayed in the fairway while I was in the woods looking for the ball!

That's my plan! Stay in the fairway.

Very easy to stay in Fairway.... Simply swing at 80% of your possible maximum speed. 

Not only ball will go where you aimed it, in most cases you will achieve better contact with ball, and it will go even further.

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:13 PM

Very easy to stay in Fairway.... Simply swing at 80%

.impress.jpg

purebs.gif