• 17,999 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 07:11 PM

https://news.yahoo.c...-110257193.html

#2 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:20 PM

This is good news BUT, you say that you are a retired scientist. You then know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the sample size of 26 PEOPLE is grossly inadequate when you are dealing with millions of people. Maybe over time this will turn out to be true and can be verified with huge sample sizes and, if so, that is a good thing. The variances that can occur within this very small group should reduce the statistical significance of this study to a level of total unreliability as it relates to reliable conclusions. An encouraging sign, yes. Scientific validity, dependability and reliability of conclusions? Not so much, if anything at all.

#3 blackcloud

blackcloud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 07:32 AM

OR, they could say having the virus and recovering builds super immunity, but naw, they couldn't say that could they?

#4 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 12:07 PM

Understandably, with a sample size smaller than the minimal size required for doing a statistical analysis they did not mention any statistical significance. But it still presents a tendency as the difference was so big. I belief if they had the convenience of obtaining a large sample size the tendency would preserve.

Edited by redfoliage2, 18 December 2021 - 12:17 PM.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 06:28 PM

NOTHING builds immunity better than daily aerobic exercise!!

This is my own conclusion, based on what I began doing at age 59 when I was forced to retire due to many health issues.

First my exercise was walking 18 holes of golf for 5 days every week (weather permitting in Vancouver WA). 

After a couple of years of this all my health issues slowly disappeared. I quit golf at age 75 because of moving to Florida from WA.

I did not want to spend 30-40 grand to join another private golf club at age 75. So now it is daily exercise routine on treadmill & light weight lifting in the gym. OK I skip gym when I mow the entire lawn in hot and humid Florida summers.

My point is, I have not been sick with even a cold or flu or anything else for at least 15 years. May be even longer but my memory is not that good any more. Memory is the 2nd thing that goes. I can't remember what is the first.  Since covid-19 appeared in early 2020, I have done 3 cruises, 100's of visits to stores, dozens of visits to cancer hospital for my wife, and a restaurant outing at least once a week. Have avoided getting sick with covid or anything else. My body at age 81 is in better shape than when I retired at age 59. It sure looks like age 100 should be no problem unless I get cancer. I require no prescriptions, and no pains anywhere in my body for many years. 

I have reached the conclusion that age does not make you weak and frail and have bad balance. It is lack of exercise which does that. So all you lurkers and posters here, follow my example and begin a daily exercise routine, starting easy and work your way up. You will thank me later on.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,014 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 05:53 PM

Color me more than a bit skeptical.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 02:46 PM

https://theweek.com/...missions-during

#8 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:43 PM

Breaking:  WHO sees the pandemic to end in 2022:

https://www.france24...andemic-in-2022

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 December 2021 - 08:45 PM.

#9 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 11:15 PM

While it is nice that they have created an agenda, I think they are the only ones swoon.gif

Edited by jacek, 20 December 2021 - 11:16 PM.

#10 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 11:46 PM

That's a bunch of sh*t, because almost everyone that I've heard that's had Omicron was mRNA vaccinated, then again hardly anyone's gotten J&J because you have to seek it out instead of it being at every Walgreens.

What I find funny, is they don't talk much about why omicron was no big deal in South Africa despite only 25-33% of the population being vaccinated.  Looks like South Africa could be a case for natural immunity apparently, if the experts are worried about omicron specifically because most of the West has vaccine related immunity instead... although I dunno about that worry either, just seems like political pressure to create a scare.