• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 02:46 PM

closing a few VXX CALLS 

Waited for it to rise above 18.5 and still waited but will close a few above 18.90 if it trades today

#42 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 02:47 PM

Well isn't this exciting, to lower my profit stop or not, would love to see 4700 before I even think about it but there may be a bounce somewhere here.  profit stop 4730 will start selling above....

#43 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 02:54 PM

Okay out for a very very nice profit of 28 points and looking to sell above, looking for a teeny bounce..... 

#44 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:56 PM

Well as I was saying I was hoping for 4700 and here it comes, I know it doesn't count as I didn't say earlier but I did leave a little behind so I'm taking the rest of my profits now lol!!! 

#45 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:03 PM

Currently VIX going up with SPX up, not a bullish setting for SPX, and it may close in red today ....................

SPX formed a bearish spinning top candlestick with VIX a gravestone at the bottom - I see a bearish reversal is in the cards for SPX, albeit intra-day pumping and dumping moves  .................

It looks that they are still trying the same intra-day pump-and-dump game at this topping place.  Watch out on the Fed meeting minutes in the afternoon  ....................

NAZ is currently in distribution mode and SPX is trying to hold on the top.  I see SPX will follow the NAZ selling just a matter of time ................

Here it comes SPX joining the selling.  We should know sectors rotation game cannot save a top .......................

This selling was overdue.  But I'm not too sure if it's done now.  Let's see if the pivot support at SPX 4690 will hold or not tomorrow ............................

Edited by redfoliage2, 05 January 2022 - 04:11 PM.

#46 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:14 PM

Great trades. Looking for reflex bounce and then down again

Well as I was saying I was hoping for 4700 and here it comes, I know it doesn't count as I didn't say earlier but I did leave a little behind so I'm taking the rest of my profits now lol!!! 

#47 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:15 PM

They will try to bounce but I still think there is much downside for the next week or so. 

Currently VIX going up with SPX up, not a bullish setting for SPX, and it may close in red today ....................

SPX formed a bearish spinning top candlestick with VIX a gravestone at the bottom - I see a bearish reversal is in the cards for SPX, albeit intra-day pumping and dumping moves  .................

It looks that they are still trying the same intra-day pump-and-dump game at this topping place.  Watch out on the Fed meeting minutes in the afternoon  ....................

NAZ is currently in distribution mode and SPX is trying to hold on the top.  I see SPX will follow the NAZ selling just a matter of time ................

Here it comes SPX joining the selling.  We should know sectors rotation game cannot save a top .......................

This selling was overdue.  But I'm not too sure if it's done now.  Let's see if the pivot support at SPX 4690 will hold or not tomorrow ............................

#48 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:17 PM

Still not shouting CRASH since I think it comes later in 2022 but after the usual bounce the markets should be mostly down during next few days

Not shouting "CRASH" - as yet - from the rooftops as this guy, but markets due for a painful decline:

What we are witnessing is the convergence of inflation hysteria and COVID pandemonium at the same time. The first one is monkey hammering Tech/deflation trades and the second one is about to implode cyclicals. This wave formation is worst case scenario for bulls:

#49 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:24 PM

FED finally fessed up and the spoiled-brat markets did not like it. 

Best day since early November 2021. 

Closed all CRUDE SHORTs, some VXX CALLS, lots off SPY PUTS, and some QQQ PUTS

Left one daytrading NQ SHORT overnight to be net 2 NQ HEDGE LONG 

35 QQQ PUTS

56 SPY PUTS

2 ES HEDGE LONG

2  NQ HEDGE LONG

17 VXX CALLS

FLAT CRUDE & NAT GAS

Started the year trading from 5am on Monday and continued until about 10 minutes ago with a break of about 7 hours.  
First trading of 2022 was a red one, losses in PUTS overwhelmed big profits in NQ & ES hedge longs and NQ daytrading

But, today was a great day, an enjoyable day with larger ranges and big swings! 

Still have not closed any PUT or VXX CALL. What a great day for my QQQ PUTS as NQ collapsed. 

96 SPY PUTS

49 QQQ PUTS

2 ES HEDGE LONG

2 NQ HEDGE LONG

25 VXX CALLS. 

Not going to close any PUTS but will add another HEDGE LONG on any pullback below ES 4750

Will close 1 NQ HEDGE LONG above 16475

Will buy more PUTS above previous ATHs. 

LIMIT orders  placed to add more VXX CALLS but I just can't focus on that now so will adjust the orders if necessary and leave it alone. 

----

Started bleeding from about 2pm and then picked up in the final 90 minutes in the way down

Set my alerts and placed LIMIT ORDERS, will only trade tomorrow if triggered. 

Best day for me this week, good-bye 2021, a great trading year, see you all in 2022, January 2nd 

90 SPY PUTS

2 ES HEDGE LONG

44 QQQ PUTS
2 NQ HEDGE LONG

20 VXX CALLS

Started bleeding from about 2pm and then picked up in the final 90 minutes in the way down

Set my alerts and placed LIMIT ORDERS, will only trade tomorrow if triggered. 

Best day for me this week, good-bye 2021, a great trading year, see you all in 2022, January 2nd 

90 SPY PUTS

2 ES HEDGE LONG

44 QQQ PUTS
2 NQ HEDGE LONG

20 VXX CALLS

#50 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:00 PM

2-year yield now up to 0.834%. The further it gets away from the Fed Funds target, the worse the Fed is screwing up, and the more damage to the financial markets in the form of excessive stimulation. Fed needs to outsource interest rate policy to the 2-year T-Note yield.

FED realizing they are being boxed into a small corner where there is the increasing possibility of no room to delay or talk down the decisive action necessary:

Michael Santoli Retweeted

Fed officials are now openly talking about reducing the nearly $9T balance sheet.

reports on the market implications:

jBN0g0AI_normal.png

The first few trading days of 2022 have indicated a new rotation is already underway.

explains: