A Cliff Hanger on QQQ at Friday's Close

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:41 AM

Hourly 900 breach is where crash of 87 began....

QQQ has been riding it for a long time here...

A solid breach could be deadly with the big air gaps below...

Using 380 and 376 as the lines now...above 380 and bulls could possibly still engineer another big stick save, but I am thinking that an open under 376 on Tuesday starts a crash wave....

qqq.png

And the weekly setups not looking super bullish either, especially on one of the Mega Caps Amazon...momo completely shot and has now gone negative, as a massive top formation appears to be just about ready to break big to the downside.

amzn.png

And QQQ weekly not looking so hot either after massive long term divergence...tops take time, but that time may just about be up.....

qqq.png

Not to mention the classic Breakout...oops...Fakeout on Rusty Chart..and again with momo heading south back below zero...

RUT.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:51 AM

Mr. Softee also in a potentially precarious position as of Friday close.

As long as it remains below that double bottom area, rapid disintegration could come at any time....

Bulls can still potentialy save it here, but they are going to have to act pretty fast with a strong upthrust.

Back below Friday's pivot low, and could get seriously ugly real fast

As I have been saying for months now...Watch the Mega Caps, as they will likely tell when the jig is up...and we may be real close here....

msft.png

Edited by K Wave, 15 January 2022 - 09:51 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:01 AM

And Trannies were not able to hold the KEY 16K level on Friday....

What happens on Tuesday could be super important to longer term picture here.

Still of the belief that the insane Avis spike marked the end of the massive speculation here....

Time will tell... and possibly soon.....

djt.png

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,822 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:05 AM

Perhaps bulls best hope is still AAPL.

I am of the belief though that the 3 TRILLION DOLLARS print and immediate powerful reversal will mark THE TOP for AAPL.

But until it comes back below the 3 top trend line, a breakout/fakeout will not be confirmed....

IF and WHEN that does happen, stick a fork in it....

aapl.png

Edited by K Wave, 15 January 2022 - 10:06 AM.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 08:16 PM

I would not be sleeping well if I was fully invested right now with no cash. But I am old and young people should not worry about risk.

I lived through 1974, and good thing I did not quit trading stocks after taking a bath in 1974.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 05:13 AM

my personal opinion is that one has to put things into their context. In 1987 probably (I can' t know for sure because I was busy with else) the stock market was rising as if there was not even a little problem at the horizon and the crash took everyone by surprise which is what these crashes are designed for. Currently we are trying to get out of a pandemic, so I' m asking myself if the powers that rule, might ever let the stock markets crash here, basically destroying all the recent efforts the central banks have done to sustain economy and consumers. I would more probably expect the start of a bear market, not a crash, after the pandemic is over, when every Joe six pack thinks we are out of the storm.    

Edited by andr99, 16 January 2022 - 05:16 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#7 blackcloud

blackcloud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 624 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 09:04 AM

my personal opinion is that one has to put things into their context. In 1987 probably (I can' t know for sure because I was busy with else) the stock market was rising as if there was not even a little problem at the horizon and the crash took everyone by surprise which is what these crashes are designed for. Currently we are trying to get out of a pandemic, so I' m asking myself if the powers that rule, might ever let the stock markets crash here, basically destroying all the recent efforts the central banks have done to sustain economy and consumers. I would more probably expect the start of a bear market, not a crash, after the pandemic is over, when every Joe six pack thinks we are out of the storm.    

You really think they are going to let this end??  I highly doubt it, finally found something that can basically give them unlimited power.

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 10:34 AM

pandemics in the past have all disappeared after some time and it doesn' t depend on human will. The Spanish flu bursted, caused millions of victims and  how it had come it disappeared after two years. Why should this time be different ? 

Edited by andr99, 16 January 2022 - 10:36 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#9 blackcloud

blackcloud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 624 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 01:05 PM

I don't think anything before this has been (ab)used to the extent this virus has.  Of course once they achieve the goal, the virus will not be needed any longer,

don't have a time frame on that, but I'm sure someone does.

#10 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 03:46 PM

The monthly candlesticks almost perfectly nail this count on VTI (for what it's worth).  Of course if it does reach the top it may not take a straight-up path getting there.

VTI.png