Beware the WWW indicator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 02:53 PM

The predicted January "T" ended on the 12th with a tepid run-up,  which happened to be WWW, Indicating weakness going into this week's OPEX.

On January 2nd with a declining market, I noted that the pullback then was possibly setting up a rally:

I have often seen the early pullback only to trigger a bear scorch top near the T end.

Isn't Jan 12th also Weird Wally Wednesday?

(the Wednesday before the week of Options Expiration Friday (third Fri of each month) is typically very volatile)

The week of Options Expiration Friday typically has a bullish bias (subject to market whims) -- if it is not bullish for the weekdays leading up to Options Expiration Friday, that suggests a weak, bearish market.

We Got both. Will we get even more seasonal weakness after Friday's opex?

Also see T Theory Thoughts for info about T's

WWW.jpg

January-2nd-year.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 January 2022 - 03:02 PM.

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 03:07 PM

Nonono, if the market is down the Wednesday before its an up exp and if its up its an up exp lol!!  I hate to say but it's not as good an indicator as it used to be with sooooo many options out there now, daily, weekly, monthly.  Pretty soon there are going to be hourlys lol!! 

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 05:15 PM

See the results of the  last 4 WWW vs OPEX

.WWW1.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 January 2022 - 09:15 PM.

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 11:06 PM

This video is predicting SPX is going down to test the 2020 crash low of about 2600.  My oscillator is showing a low in mid April is coming. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:02 AM

Could be but don't think it'll be a straight down affair!!