exactly where i dont know but the market will tell us

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 05:27 PM

exactly where i don't know but the market will tell us

As always, it all depends on the degree of trend....minute, minor, intermediate, primary...etc etc (said in my best Yul Brynner impersonation)

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 05:39 PM

i think we are in a supercycle dating back to the 1932 bottom this is either a wave 4 correction or the end of the bull imo

either way i believe we see a severe decline. monday will be interesting no doubt . whatever it is i believe this correction

lasts into march 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#4 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 11:20 PM

Reviewing the charts this weekend, there are many, many signals indicating a bottom. In a NORMAL market correction, Monday-Jan 24 should be either be a large Gap Up and Go, or a capitulatory Gap Down that is bought to mark a multi-week low.

If on the other hand, there is a Gap Down that continues to drop after the Open, it would offer a solid signal that something is ABNORMAL about this market action.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 11:33 PM

What is abnormal about this market? It is perfect result of Trillions of dollars printed and spent.

Not only there is  waterfall spending, but also ridiculously low interest rates compared to 7% inflation just recorded.

Money can not stay ahead of inflation in Bonds, CD's, saving accounts. So it all has been channeled into stocks and housing.

But now besides the 7% inflation, there is another problem showing up, which is slowing economies all over the world, especially China which just LOWERED interest rate. Very interesting times are straight ahead. Buckle up. 

I am not saying market will go straight down. It will have several rallies on the way down.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:50 AM

What is abnormal about this market? It is perfect result of Trillions of dollars printed and spent.

Not only there is  waterfall spending, but also ridiculously low interest rates compared to 7% inflation just recorded.

Money can not stay ahead of inflation in Bonds, CD's, saving accounts. So it all has been channeled into stocks and housing.

But now besides the 7% inflation, there is another problem showing up, which is slowing economies all over the world, especially China which just LOWERED interest rate. Very interesting times are straight ahead. Buckle up. 

I am not saying market will go straight down. It will have several rallies on the way down.

Yep.

#7 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 03:46 AM

Nah, we're going to da moon! lol. I do think we'll get a bounce this Wed after Fed meeting and probably the real bottom in mid March after that meeting which also coincides with quad witch. CPI or something will probably come in much lower and give the Fed a reason to not totally stop QE yet. Some people think for some reason we'll get a rate increase this Wednesday, but that seems kind of impossible since QE is still going on and more stuff needs to be wound down first.

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 12:39 PM

It's seems that 4200 is too easy, but we're getting a bounce followed by some kind final wave down.

#9 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 01:13 PM

Good summary regarding the next THREE trading days price action.

The trading setup here the next three days only is very interesting.

Can anyone here calculate what price level is needed on sp500 to reach an RSI (14)  value of 23 and 12 ?

I want to know what spx500 price we need that equates to an RSI value of 23 and 12 which are the similar values of the 1987 CRASH

Reviewing the charts this weekend, there are many, many signals indicating a bottom. In a NORMAL market correction, Monday-Jan 24 should be either be a large Gap Up and Go, or a capitulatory Gap Down that is bought to mark a multi-week low.

If on the other hand, there is a Gap Down that continues to drop after the Open, it would offer a solid signal that something is ABNORMAL about this market action.

#10 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 01:37 PM

Ok well I figured it out sort of

We get and SP500 price of 4000 to reach an RSI value of about 14.

I guess that RSI 14 value is only feasible if we close on the lows again Monday, then the Tuesday dump and then maybe fed meeting wednesday spike north.