Posted 13 May 2022 - 02:21 PM

silver futures 50% retrace entire upmove since 2020

#1042 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 05:18 PM

silver futures 50% retrace entire upmove since 2020

How about Silver does the .618 retrace next week?  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1043 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,761 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:18 PM

Startin' to look like perhaps the Empire State Bldg Candle just might have been the top on Gold Silver Ratio.....those type of candles very often mark a top...

Silver certainly outperformed today!

Of course, if it just going down less than Gold, that may not be real helpful! laugh.png

XG.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1044 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 10:17 PM

mercury went retrograde on the 10th . so support/resistance will not be respected

this price cycle begins @1793 so it seems to me this level needs to be tested.  1773 and 1754 seem like targets

todays action seemed impulsive to me . juniors have been beaten . so i did some buying in prospects.  i have had luck w/ juniors

so i nibbled there this morning  mars/ god ofwar goes to war w/jupiter after the 22 of may. so that area  in time will be bullish for gold. 

russ, oscillator seems to reign supreme.  the feds actions have made the dollar supreme.   w/o thed dollar where would the financial world be . apparently the fed  didnt want to find out.   big corrections in gold have led to big bull moves.   lets see if we can break out of this 10year box

dharma

#1045 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 07:18 AM

mercury went retrograde on the 10th . so support/resistance will not be respected

this price cycle begins @1793 so it seems to me this level needs to be tested.  1773 and 1754 seem like targets

todays action seemed impulsive to me . juniors have been beaten . so i did some buying in prospects.  i have had luck w/ juniors

so i nibbled there this morning  mars/ god ofwar goes to war w/jupiter after the 22 of may. so that area  in time will be bullish for gold. 

russ, oscillator seems to reign supreme.  the feds actions have made the dollar supreme.   w/o thed dollar where would the financial world be . apparently the fed  didnt want to find out.   big corrections in gold have led to big bull moves.   lets see if we can break out of this 10year box

dharma

Yes the signal is working well, Linronm's count also looks good.  I was surprised to hear Martin Armstrong  say Gold has support way down at 1345 and that the Dollar will keep rising as war and financial uncertainty continues in Europe,  he says if the Euro breaks below 103 it could go down to 82 cents. He is saying what he has said for a long time, the the US is the best looking of the ugly sisters for now but being the core economy of the world it will go down last. For now I still think gold should bottom next week or maybe the following monday the a rally into summer, but Gold has put in a double top on the charts,  MA could be right it will fall down as the dollar surges, I am not sure about past this summer for a high. MA interview...   https://www.podbean....ce=embed_player

Edited by Russ, 14 May 2022 - 07:25 AM.

#1046 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 08:30 AM

Startin' to look like perhaps the Empire State Bldg Candle just might have been the top on Gold Silver Ratio.....those type of candles very often mark a top...

Silver certainly outperformed today!

Of course, if it just going down less than Gold, that may not be real helpful! laugh.png

XG.png

Noted that nice reversal off a slightly more that 38% retrace of the huge decline from 128 to 62 (huge 5 down). As I have mentioned some silver miner daily technicals (HL and AG for example) reached the area of the March 2020 low! And neither of these miners had bad earnings or news that could have caused the huge crash they have undergone. I think SILJ has one of the more compelling and easier to count with confidence wave patterns, that being a huge 5 up from the 2020 low at 4.84 to the 2021 high at 18.84, and key to note is that five up did NOT take out the 2016 high, so buying a big retracement of that rally IMO is going to be excellent risk/reward big picture. And note that the ,618 retracement of that rally from 4.84 to 18.84 is 10.19, this weeks low was 9.97 and then we rallied sharply off that low on Friday. Doesn't guarantee we cannot go lower but with the extreme oversold condition and a critical Fibo level being reached I am content buying and being long silver miners which I bot substantially this week. It's likely not going to be a "V" bottom but who knows and I will add on a retest of we see it, or perhaps we get a large 5 up and then we can add on a retracement to a higher low. I expect continued high volatility ahead,

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 14 May 2022 - 08:37 AM.

#1047 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 08:58 AM

Thanks Senor. SILJ also turned around at its previous lesser degree 4th wave low.

#1048 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:28 AM

Thanks Senor. SILJ also turned around at its previous lesser degree 4th wave low.

I just perused a host of silver miners and I gotta say it's looking very good IMO for a final low or worst case one more 4/5 leg down. Same type of technical set up we have seen at all important lows going back to 2016, for me I can't ask for much more. as always DYODD

Senor

#1049 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 02:35 PM

dharma

Barrons today...some analyst from BCA Research says 2nd half 2022 consumption will turn from durables to services and $ will weaken..small caps will outperform..

dionc

#1050 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:09 PM

I just perused a host of silver miners and I gotta say it's looking very good IMO for a final low or worst case one more 4/5 leg down. Same type of technical set up we have seen at all important lows going back to 2016, for me I can't ask for much more. as always DYODD

Senor

wow. bold call given the failure that we just saw. bounce , likely? Run from here? I dunno. might be one more durable low a LONG ways down